PDA

View Full Version : Best canvas treatment?

rvx290
07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I have an old Tent trailer camper that needs some tlc, its in great shape but the canvas hasnt been treated in a long time & I am going camping in a few weeks for a week & I dont want to end up with it soaking up the rain rather than repelling it. Any recommendations? I dont mind spending a little extra for a quality product seeing as I want to ensure it repels the elements.

CEE DOG
07-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for this type of thing. See the last video in this article for the beading. However if it was to rain all night long I'm not going to tell you the 303 would keep beading like that all night.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/37352-overview-convertible-fabric-top-care.html

You may be interested in googling i1 smart fabric.... I haven't used it but my buddy says its something else.

James K
07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
303 is nice, but I also recommend checking out Raggtopp products. Very high quality.

ScottB
07-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I believe Amazing Roll-Off is a boaters dream for canvas so likely a good starting point. Then moving to Ragtopp or 303 Vinyl for protection.