PDA

View Full Version : OPTI-BOND Tire GEL...

Pages : [1] 2

JetBlackBMW
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
How do you apply this? Use it right out of bottle or dilute it 1:1? I use a wheel applicator sponge and some product does get absorbed into the pad so this 8 oz bottle does not look it will last very long.

This looks to be an expensive product for the amount you get compared to other products and I do apply often...

Dr Oldz
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Use a applicator and apply that way of mix 1:1 with water and use in a spray bottle. A little goes petty far fo this product.

Dubbin1
07-09-2011, 07:35 PM
This looks to be an expensive product for the amount you get compared to other products and I do apply often...

Always pay the few dollars more for the 32oz size ;)

poweraid
07-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I use 1:1 , i don't like the shiny look on 4x4 off road tires. I have some knobby sidewalks . I just spray on and wipe wipe mf towel. I do not need to reapply very often either . once a month maybe just using reg car wash soap to clean tires and wheels. I also use this on my soft truck bed cover. I think it can even be used on plastic trim also but I have not used it for this, uttg rocks.

C. Charles Hahn
07-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Use a applicator and apply that way of mix 1:1 with water and use in a spray bottle. A little goes petty far fo this product.

:iagree: A little goes a really long way with Opti-Bond.

James K
07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
In a sprayer diluted. Spray a little on a foam brush, let it dwell for a few minutes and wipe it of with a MF. I would say I use less then an ounce a vehicle.

Perfections
07-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Dilute 1:1 and use an air compressor and a hvlp gun @45psi and you won't use nearly any product :)

row011
07-09-2011, 11:34 PM
What if you apply this undiluted straight out of the bottle?

C. Charles Hahn
07-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Once you prime whatever applicator you're going to use, it spreads pretty thin.

I have one of those "Tire Swipe" applicators (similar to the originals from Eagle One) that I store in a Ziploc bag which is always primed and ready to go.

Bunky
07-10-2011, 06:45 AM
In a sprayer diluted. Spray a little on a foam brush, let it dwell for a few minutes and wipe it of with a MF. I would say I use less then an ounce a vehicle.

It definitely can be more cost effective to apply to an applicator and spread compared to directly on the tire then wipe. I store the applicators in baggies marked with the tire dressing when not in use.

row011
07-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Has anyone tried the Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html) and can comment on how this compares?

mg6045
07-10-2011, 09:48 AM

Thats how I use it. It is meant to be used straight out the bottle.

1:1 is a secondary option.

It spreads very easy and has serious durability when used on tires. like people above said, 1 month is pretty much the standard. If the car is garaged you could easily get 6 weeks.

02CAMSS
07-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Thats how I use it. It is meant to be used straight out the bottle.

1:1 is a secondary option.

It spreads very easy and has serious durability when used on tires. like people above said, 1 month is pretty much the standard. If the car is garaged you could easily get 6 weeks.

Agree. It spreads easy but I get almost no durability out of it. After one trip through a rain storm it is gone.

pfix
07-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I use the Optimum Spray gun at 60 PSI, love this tool. I agree the durability in the rain is reduced when diluting 1:1. I reapply after each wash so not a big deal for me.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-10-2011, 01:12 PM
It is meant to be used straight out the bottle.

Ding, ding, ding.

To add, Dr. G said when diluted 1:1, opti bond should be used with a compressor/air gun. Out of a spray bottle, it's not atomized enough.