PDA

View Full Version : Best of the best for Vinyl Car

row011
07-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Hey all,

A quick question for everyone. I will be adding some vinyl protection something which is going to last a long time etc...

What would you recommend as the best to use?

Thanks !!

BobbyG
07-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm assuming you're referring to the interior..

303 Aerospace is a nice product for protecting interior plastic and vinyl surfaces.

I also like Meguiar's M40. This product leaves a nice luster and no sticky residue. Wipe it on, buff off any excess, and enjoy a nice satin luster and a leather scent..

Autogeek's Rubber & Vinyl Care products protect your vehicle's dashboard, trim, seats & tires... from the sun and elements. tire dressing, vinyl (http://www.autogeek.net/rubbervinyl.html)

row011
07-09-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm assuming you're referring to the interior..

303 Aerospace is a nice product for protecting interior plastic and vinyl surfaces.

I also like Meguiar's M40. This product leaves a nice luster and no sticky residue. Wipe it on, buff off any excess, and enjoy a nice satin luster and a leather scent..

Autogeek's Rubber & Vinyl Care products protect your vehicle's dashboard, trim, seats & tires... from the sun and elements. tire dressing, vinyl (http://www.autogeek.net/rubbervinyl.html)

Yes for interior sorry.

Ok so either one of these, would be better than the other products available i.e wolfgang or pinnacle.

I may as well ask I need something to protect the upholstery and a cleaner for the upholstery. Currently using the turtle wax cleaner but Im sure theres better out there. What would you recommend the best is to buy? Thanks again for your time

BobbyG
07-09-2011, 07:12 AM
All the products I've tried through Autogeek are high quality. While I haven't tried the Wolfgang or Pinnacle products you mention I suspect they're top shelf.

Fabric upholstery to can be cleaned with an all purpose cleaner such as Meguiar's APC or Optimum Power Clean. These work very well at dissolving contamination but be sure to extract any left over cleaner to avoid it attracting dust and dirt.

A fabric upholstery once clean and dried gets a treatment of Scotch-Guard to further repel contaminates.

PA DETAILER
07-09-2011, 07:12 AM
ultima interior guard plus.
Ultima Interior Guard Plus 12 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, dash dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-12.html)

more like a sealant for your interior. great product.

DP interior surface protectant.
DP Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. In addition to protectants, DP Interior Surface Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

one of my favorites.

row011
07-09-2011, 07:21 AM
ultima interior guard plus.
Ultima Interior Guard Plus 12 oz., interior protectant, rubber & vinyl protectant, dash dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-12.html)

more like a sealant for your interior. great product.

> This looks nice, and can be used on leather also. Does this last longer than 3-4 weeks?

DP interior surface protectant.
DP Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. In addition to protectants, DP Interior Surface Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

one of my favorites.

> Also looks good, again so many products to choose from. if money wasnt an issue which would be the one you would go for? :P

row011
07-09-2011, 07:24 AM
All the products I've tried through Autogeek are high quality. While I haven't tried the Wolfgang or Pinnacle products you mention I suspect they're top shelf.

Fabric upholstery to can be cleaned with an all purpose cleaner such as Meguiar's APC or Optimum Power Clean. These work very well at dissolving contamination but be sure to extract any left over cleaner to avoid it attracting dust and dirt.

A fabric upholstery once clean and dried gets a treatment of Scotch-Guard to further repel contaminates.

Scotch-Guard would that be by 3M? Where abouts do you source yours from.

BobbyG
07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Scotch-Gard would that be by 3M? Where abouts do you source yours from.

I believe it is from 3M or at least it used to be and I picked mine up at a local store, I think Walmart...

row011
07-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Ok cool. So I guess im tossing up between 3-4 different products. Ill wait to see what some other members have to say and add it to my list of things to buy!

Devo242
07-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll second BobbyG's suggestion of Meguiar's #40, this is a product that is highly underrated IMHO. I use this on interior surface as well as the exterior to dress wheel wells, engine bays, tires, cowl trim, and even condition rubber moulding. It has a pleasant mild leather scent but does not linger and applies evenly to leave my personally preferred matte finish.

It is a very versatile product that allows me to consolidate a number of products into one and purchase it in gallon size for a decent cost savings.

row011
07-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I'll second BobbyG's suggestion of Meguiar's #40, this is a product that is highly underrated IMHO. I use this on interior surface as well as the exterior to dress wheel wells, engine bays, tires, cowl trim, and even condition rubber moulding. It has a pleasant mild leather scent but does not linger and applies evenly to leave my personally preferred matte finish.

It is a very versatile product that allows me to consolidate a number of products into one and purchase it in gallon size for a decent cost savings.

Ok cool.. Its funny you read sometimes and hear that Meguiars products are only entry level.. But it seems that a fair bit of their range is quite top notch.

Devo242
07-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok cool.. Its funny you read sometimes and hear that Meguiars products are only entry level.. But it seems that a fair bit of their range is quite top notch.

Meguiar's is everywhere you look from auto parts stores to big box retailers, from auto show sponsorships to TV commercials. This can be a turnoff to some as they search for the elusive "best kept secret" products, but I feel they are doing themselves a disservice by overlooking Meguiar's.

Belair
07-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Scotch-Guard would that be by 3M? Where abouts do you source yours from.

This is no longer being made because of the link to cancer.

row011
07-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Oh ok Ill avoid the scotch guard.

Ill give the 303 Fabric Guard a go for the Uplohestry seats etc..

And also try the Meguiars M40

Sounds good? Please let me know