PDA

View Full Version : 85RD and PowerLock ... my thoughts :-)

fredcandetail
07-08-2011, 10:19 PM
kinda stumped and happy all at the same time ...
This evening i polished my pretty decent already 07 Tahoe with 85RD and then finished it with PowerLock .. I'll save the major rave and just say HOLY MUTHA LUVA!! Was my finish not that bad to begin with? I had some light swirlage as I wash my truck atleast 2-3 a week as it hauls my detailing trailer but as this was my first run with 85RD is it really that bad ace?!?!?!? or did PowerLock fill everything in ... i promise under halogens it is PERFECT!
Process was 85rd with polishing pad and Flex on 4, then PL with Finishing pad on speed 3 ..... aga i realize 85rd has little little cut so did i pretty much fill it all in or could it have finished this nice? in all honesty this was a quick polish as we are going down to the beach and i didnt give it 6 passes but more like 3 and pretty quickly at that .. again the finish was pretty decent already

comments from reg Menz users appreciated because i think i found me a superb combo!!

maximus20895
07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
PO85RD does not have any fillers I don't think. I usually use some diluted alcohol and wipe the paint after I polish.

Both products are truly amazing!

catfish07
07-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Power gloss, power finish, super finish and power lock are my go to products.. With the flex, I haven't run into anything I can't tackle.. Menzerna is the absolute best IMO

zilla
07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
It's one of the finest finishing polishes out there, so no surprise it looks great :)

Kaban
07-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I can't wait to try out my Powerfinish in the near future.

Wendell Jarvis
07-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I have been using Menzerna's products for several years, I love their products, its never a guess purchase...(wondering if it works ) they live up to their reputation and deliver perfection.

Rsurfer
07-09-2011, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=maximus20895;500098]PO85RD does not have any fillers I don't think.

If I agree with that statement, we both be wrong.