PDA

View Full Version : coin-op follies

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
With a week of bad weather, ice and rain non stop, we had a 60* day finally. Not a cloud in the sky. My truck was looking pretty bad. Mud cacked in the wheel wells and on the running boards.

I wanted to run to the car wash and blow the mud out. I didn't want a bunch of mud in my driveway when I washed it, so I took it there to blast the mud. I had running around to do, so I went later in the day.

When I pulled up to a carwash, it was packed. Wait....it was PACKED!

Cars out to the road, and this was a 2 bay auto and @10-12 bay DIY.
Lines out the wa-zoo. SO I go down the road to the next one.....same thing.
Then I remember a tiny wash, hardly anyone there ever.....again...packed.
I waited 20 minutes for a bay. I wasn't driving around anymore.

While I was sitting in my truck, I watched the people "wash" their vehicles...lol.

The way they ran over the car so fast was amazing. popping in quarters left and right. I swear a guy rinsed his car for 10 minutes.
Then another run out of money and leave with a half dirty, half soapy car.

The one that got me, was the muddy Suburban. Looked like it was stuck in a mud pit. Smeared the mud around with the brush, hung the brush up, rinsed, and left. Next car in the bay.......... black BMW And of course...they used the muddy brush........:eek:

I was tempted to leave some magnetic business cards in each bay, but being a business owner, I do not want another business advertising in my business.
I bit my tongue, rinsed the mud from my wells, and went home to wash the truck...............

abrcrombe
01-23-2007, 11:25 AM
LOL, a lot of people don't care if their car looks like crap. It makes me sad when everyone is in line for those gas station car washes. Their cars could use some SERIOUS help.

Frugle
01-23-2007, 11:36 AM
lol... I come from not taking care of cars... well, it's not that my parents didn't take care of them, it's that they didn't know how to do it properly.. I'm sure they didn't know that those soapy brushes causes scratches..

But who in the world would not have enough comon sense to wash their car, with a brush, that someone just left extremely muddy? that just doesn't make since, at all... even if you were trying to clean your car, you wouldn't spread something that has mud on it on the car.

bambo2888
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
i'm willing to bet that all of these people are the same ones who don't religiously change their oil and often find themselves throwing thousands away at the shop.

Nuke33
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I see lots of that at college, useing the frozen brush, a old tshit rag to dry....

turbos17
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
With a week of bad weather, ice and rain non stop, we had a 60* day finally. Not a cloud in the sky. My truck was looking pretty bad. Mud cacked in the wheel wells and on the running boards.

I wanted to run to the car wash and blow the mud out. I didn't want a bunch of mud in my driveway when I washed it, so I took it there to blast the mud. I had running around to do, so I went later in the day.

When I pulled up to a carwash, it was packed. Wait....it was PACKED!

Cars out to the road, and this was a 2 bay auto and @10-12 bay DIY.
Lines out the wa-zoo. SO I go down the road to the next one.....same thing.
Then I remember a tiny wash, hardly anyone there ever.....again...packed.
I waited 20 minutes for a bay. I wasn't driving around anymore.

While I was sitting in my truck, I watched the people "wash" their vehicles...lol.

The way they ran over the car so fast was amazing. popping in quarters left and right. I swear a guy rinsed his car for 10 minutes.
Then another run out of money and leave with a half dirty, half soapy car.

The one that got me, was the muddy Suburban. Looked like it was stuck in a mud pit. Smeared the mud around with the brush, hung the brush up, rinsed, and left. Next car in the bay.......... black BMW And of course...they used the muddy brush........:eek:

I was tempted to leave some magnetic business cards in each bay, but being a business owner, I do not want another business advertising in my business.
I bit my tongue, rinsed the mud from my wells, and went home to wash the truck...............

I would have paid to seen this! :applause: