PDA

View Full Version : need help with wheels

db9
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
need help looking for a good product that would cut down on brake dust. sticking to my wheels. I have a audi new has a reputation for excessive brake dust. It is not a every day driver and is kept in a garage. I've tried a wheel wheel wax by Dp good but to time cunsuming i have 10 spoke wheels cast aluminum alloy.

jlb85
07-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Anything (sealants) will help, but none are a permanent fix. They will all need re-application. So with this in mind, a spray sealat is the easiest. Opti-seal works great in my experience, and does any spray and leave product. Armor All has a wheel protectant that can be found otc and for teh cheap, and works (unlike their other products).

Opti-coat, Cquartz, C4 also work great but should be applied with wheels off the car, might as well do the barrels if you are going to get that serious.

Once sealed, stay away from cleaners, just wash with shampoo or the sealant will be stripped (sans maybe the nano coatings).

HeavyMetal
07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
need help looking for a good product that would cut down on brake dust. sticking to my wheels. I have a audi new has a reputation for excessive brake dust. It is not a every day driver and is kept in a garage. I've tried a wheel wheel wax by Dp good but to time cunsuming i have 10 spoke wheels cast aluminum alloy.

If a wheel sealant like DP is too time consuming for you then your options are very limited. You could try the new spray-on Amor All. Some say it works, some say it doesn't.

BobbyG
07-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
Ultima Trim & Tire Guard
Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant
Collinite 845

AeroCleanse
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I would go with the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, then try and rinse the wheels off at least once a week.

bmp auto detail
07-09-2011, 07:37 AM
The best solution is to change the brake pads, the best are AKEBONO.