PDA

View Full Version : Glaze: Do they all work the same? My quest for the the best glaze..

Pages : [1] 2 3

cobraa
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I do showroom perfection detail with 3-4 step. 5 if needed lol. However, I believe the glaze have something to offer that a LSP can't offer. So, to me, I use the glaze as a wow factor than a hiding product.

With that said, I tried , so far, these products:

1. BH Clean well, smell great and buff out so easy, its a joy.
2. Red moose glaze (sp?) too bad they are off the map but I find they offer the best hiding properties of the bunch I tried.
3. Menz FG, Didn't like it, no wow factor and the hardest to buff out.
4. Ez creme, tried it once, to me it feel like a copy of BH, same color, same smell, look pretty much the same, buff out a bit harder than BH but nothing to complains, I guess it's because of the protection they put inside?

What's yout thought? are they all pretty much the same or there's a difference? I like the idea of ezcreme.. like it has protection to it.. so at worst, it could be used as a LSP.

BH is cool but again I feel its stupid to go buy a gallon of WD when I already have a gallon of BH.

john b
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
heard good things about prima amigo

05xrunner
07-07-2011, 10:59 PM
i use black hole on my car alot..It gives my black paint a darker look and gives it a super slick feeling finish. its really easy to work with to.

93fox
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I have used chemical guys wet mirror finish and it does leave a wet mirror
Finish. Ive also heard that chemical guys glossworkz glaze also delivers awesome results. For that glaze you have to call in to order it. Ive been wanting to try chemical guys vertua bond 408, its suppouse to leave bonding agents for your LSP.

Dr Oldz
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I personally never found an improvement from a glaze to a good polish job on a clearcoat system....but on SS paint using Megs No7 the day of a show is a great addition to the look.

Jimmie
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
I personally never found an improvement from a glaze to a good polish job on a clearcoat system....but on SS paint using Megs No7 the day of a show is a great addition to the look.

:iagree:

I was a polish-glaze-nuba guy but never saw much difference applying a glaze. Switched to sealant-nuba and won't look back.

Haven't done this but understand that showcar guys will put #7 on top of their nuba to kick up the shine for less than a day.

silverfox
07-08-2011, 06:22 AM
EZ Creme or Blacklight....best I've used to date. The trick is putting them on THIN....there should be NO buffing out issues whatsoever if you apply them right...easy as anything you will ever apply, done correctly. Set DA polisher to 5 or 6, and all you need is a tiny bit per panel (after the pad is primed)...its not like polishing...you are only needing to cover with a really thin layer....again...THIN layer is key with these products.

zilla
07-08-2011, 07:29 AM
:iagree:

I was a polish-glaze-nuba guy but never saw much difference applying a glaze. Switched to sealant-nuba and won't look back.

Haven't done this but understand that showcar guys will put #7 on top of their nuba to kick up the shine for less than a day.

With clearcoat, if you polished out all the defects the glaze doesn't add a ton to it. Its situations where there are still defects where glaze will help the most when it's clearcoat. :)
That's my experience anyway :)

ChrisJ
07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
I have used blacklight but I really want to try Blackhole...

Waxmax
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Prima Amigo is a great glaze.

I've tried many- Wet Glaze, Glossworkz Glaze (a glaze/sealant), Blacklight (a glaze/sealant), EZ Creme, PB BH....they all are excellent, but I always go back to Amigo and then top it with a sealant.

To my knowledge, Amigo, PB BH, and EZ have mild cleaners, the others do not.

yakky
07-08-2011, 01:24 PM

I agree. When everyone was going ape for DWG, I was scratching my head. Well prepped paint doesn't need glaze. If I need to use a glaze, I'd rather grab a strong AIO instead and do some minor correction. The one use I can understand is on cars with thin paint.

ChrisJ
07-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I agree. When everyone was going ape for DWG, I was scratching my head. Well prepped paint doesn't need glaze. If I need to use a glaze, I'd rather grab a strong AIO instead and do some minor correction. The one use I can understand is on cars with thin paint.

I like using glazes on cars that are driven ALOT...Like my daily driver...I also use them on the wifes expedition because I dont have time to do a correction on it...

Blacklight > BFWD > Pinnacle Sig Series II

Then I touch it up with Pinnacle Souveran after maintenance washes...

I am a firm believer that a glaze has its place...

sal329
07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Prima Amigo and Wet Glaze 2.0 are the 2 glazes I use

cobraa
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Prima Amigo is a great glaze.

I've tried many- Wet Glaze, Glossworkz Glaze (a glaze/sealant), Blacklight (a glaze/sealant), EZ Creme, PB BH....they all are excellent, but I always go back to Amigo and then top it with a sealant.

To my knowledge, Amigo, PB BH, and EZ have mild cleaners, the others do not.

that's interesting because let's be honest, ez creme does contains acrylic protection too so at the end theres like 4 different glaze all with sealant it get pretty confusing lol

silverfox
07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
The fact of the matter regarding Glazes in terms of having a place in car care..is NOT just to prepare for a car show...its simply not practical to do a correction or polish more clear coat off every time you see new swirls or scratches on your "once' corrected car (and trust me a corrected car will get swirls again no matter how hard you try to prevent them). You can minimize the possibility with proper washing, etc... but you can't eliminate them altogether, especially for daily drivers.

The better Glazes will enhance the paint and make it look deeper...and fill in those smaller swirls and scratches...and IF you follow up with a good sealant or wax, the glaze won't wash off after the next wash. I personally really like glazes to be applied after you polish and before you seal the paint...or use them as needed as long as you follow up with a sealant or wax.

I did a few cars using EZ Creme, then Blackfire sealant. Great results. On one car the next time the owner came in after 6 months, I eliminated the EZ Creme glaze step and went straight to the Blackfire sealant. The owner asked me afterwards why his car didn't look as good as it did the first time I did the car 6 months earlier. Egg on my face. Lessons learned. The car actually didn't look as good as it did when I preceded the sealant with a glaze.

Just my $.02