PDA

View Full Version : Just pulled out the surbuf pads......

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Hadn't used them for awhile after the whole MF hoopla! Gave them a whirl today on some heavily swirled paint. They cut like nobody's business(with a GG DA) when used with M105. The don't finish as good as the MF pads, but require less pressure, which equals less fatigue. I really like that! Don't pout these pads on the back burner! :dblthumb2:

Jhaight11
07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
so do u still prefer the MF disc compared to the surbuf?

BobbyG
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey Mark,

I've heard that Surbuf pads work really well. I don't have any but from the photos I've seen the business surface appears to be similar to that of the Meguiar's DA Microfiber system.

Thanks for the reminder Mark! :props:

ScottB
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I think both offer options and better correcting ability when using the random orbitals versus foam pads.

fancyfootwork
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I love the Surbuf pads! I noticed they last longer too. The velcro backing doesn't peel off under high heat and they don't seem to degrade easily compared to traditional foam pads.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2011, 06:59 PM
so do u still prefer the MF disc compared to the surbuf?
I really do like the MF system, but the pressure needed becomes a bit annoying(at least to me) after buffing for awhile. The light pressure needed with the surbuf makes them a breeze to use. The MF pads finish better, but don't cut quite as good. The both have their pros and cons.

Hey Mark,

I've heard that Surbuf pads work really well. I don't have any but from the photos I've seen the business surface appears to be similar to that of the Meguiar's DA Microfiber system.

Bobby,

What do you mean by business surface? ;)

I think both offer options and better correcting ability when using the random orbitals versus foam pads.
You NAILED it, Scott! :props:

sensi09
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Does the cut of yellow LC pads fall much behind the surbuff and MF cutting pads?

AeroCleanse
07-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I love my SurBuf's they are now my go to pads.

LuxuryMobile
07-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Surbufs are great. Will always have some on hand.

James K
07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey Mark,

did you ever get around to try the MF pads yet?

rwright
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Mark, do you mind if I share a couple pictures of my first experience with Surbuf pads? Maybe you can give me some feedback since you have used them more.

C. Charles Hahn
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I totally agree about the Surbufs, Mark. The interesting part is I've actually had good luck with the Surbufs on my Flex DA, unlike the MF pads.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Mark, do you mind if I share a couple pictures of my first experience with Surbuf pads? Maybe you can give me some feedback since you have used them more.
Richard, please do!!!! :dblthumb2:

I totally agree about the Surbufs, Mark. The interesting part is I've actually had good luck with the Surbufs on my Flex DA, unlike the MF pads.
Charlie, I definitely agree the surbufs work better with the Flex 3401 than the MF pads, no doubt about it! Mechanically, the surbufs are supposed to work even better on a traditional DA, but I have yet to compare the two.

Kristopher1129
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been wanting to try those Surbuf pads. Mainly because I've tried the MF system numerous times...and I don't see what all the hoopla is about. I actually don't like the system at all. The pads are ok...but I find them to be a pain to work with.

I like how these sound. They're going in the cart!

rwright
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Be gentle since it was my first time using them :laughing:.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/rjwright78/Surbuf1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/rjwright78/Surbuf2.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/rjwright78/Surbuf3.jpg