PDA

View Full Version : Big thumbs up to EDGE!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kelso
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
well some of you may remember my statement about the edge quick connect adapter and how i thought it could be improved upon. and some of you had the same feelings, well i just got off the phone with Aaron and he walked me though it a little better and wow my opinion has definately changed and id like to say, if after reading this you still have trouble, call Aaron because the system is even better than i thought!

Ok so heres the thing. i thought thta to use the quick connect and disconnect you had to push the button. i also felt like the button was a bit too hard to push, but i couldnt have been more wrong. get a pad and an adapter(attached to your machine) line up the hexes and without pushing the button at all, just push the pad evenly on the adapter( using both hands, one on each side. it slides right on. now grab the buffer and from the back just put your hand kind of around the adapter and push on the pad, slides right off! if you pull evenly on both sides from the front it will come right off, so theres no real reason to push the button at all. I was going about removing and installing pads in completely the wrong way, and im willing to bet im not the only one, so give it a try like i described and i think you may wow yourself yet again!
honestly, if you have a problem with the Edge system, it is likely user error(like my problem) or a defective part. after he walked me through it, i cant think of a way that this system can be improved upon.and i also dont see how regular velcro pads have any benefits over the edge system. if your in need of new pads, switch to Edge, the system is worth the initial extra cost you may have, because in the long run they are also cheaper

also if you havent tried the Shmitt, do it. i used to use old cloths to wash my car until i got this thing, i think ive been through about 30 washes or more, and it has suffered some nicks but it is still just as white as my unused white foam pad, still just as soft, and still works just as good. this product has never induced any swirls on my paint that i could see, and rinses out clean with water every time. buy one, you will be converted for life

to Aaron and the whole company:applause: :applause: :applause: a round of applause is in order

Meghan
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Aaron does take good care of his customers!

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Edge is a pretty cool company. Aaron will get on the phone and help you PERSONALLY if you have a problem. That is cool right there.

FloridaNative
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Aaron is a great guy! No matter what the problem he does his best to make things right. All of his products are top quality! Thanks Kelso for starting this thread. I'm sure it will help many people who were attaching and removing their Edge pads incorrectly (myself included).

Surfer
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Yup, back when I first got the system I was like "damn this pad is a b!tch to get off" lol, but I learned to do as you just said long time ago and pad pops off easily. I should have posted that awhile ago, think it was Aaron or somebody in the beginning that told me to do that.

Kelso
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
well theres the evidence right there, atleast 4 of us used it incorrectly and didnt like it, then we figure it out and realize the awesomeness of the system. i think if people learn how to properly use the product, they will be astounded and the company will do much better, and produce even more great products. he also told me that the 4 inch pads are out and ready to be bought, its just a matter of them showing up on the online webpages, so keep your eyes out for those

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Yup, back when I first got the system I was like "damn this pad is a b!tch to get off" lol, but I learned to do as you just said long time ago and pad pops off easily. I should have posted that awhile ago, think it was Aaron or somebody in the beginning that told me to do that.

LOL... you could have saved people a lot of trouble...:p

Surfer
01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
LOL... you could have saved people a lot of trouble...:pooops:o

Kelso - I got the 4" pads earlier last year :D , hehe, I was a "tester" ;)

Kelso
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
how do you like them? personally i dont know that i would have much use for them since im going to start using the rotary but i know a lot of people could really benefit from them

Surfer
01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
how do you like them? personally i dont know that i would have much use for them since im going to start using the rotary but i know a lot of people could really benefit from themLove them, I have the 4" orange and 4" blue, orange was perfect for spot buffing an d doing glass with AIO etc. The 4" blue is extremely soft, maybe it was my pre-pro model but it seems softer then the white finishing pad. I've used it to apply AIO and even wax/sealant with the PC. It makes those jobs much, much quicker and easier to do then by hand (since we have a couple suvs). It really spread the product out perfect and thin.

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 06:25 PM
You think when the 4 in. pads come out... will they work on a cyclo?

MikeyC
01-22-2007, 06:31 PM
You think when the 4 in. pads come out... will they work on a cyclo?

I also received some pre-production 4" pads and they are GREAT. I have also talked with Aaron about using them on a Cyclo and he stated the Edge PC adapter fits on the Cyclo. So, the new 4" pads can definitely be used on the Cyclo. In fact, he went so far as to say it makes it a totally different and much better machine.

Kelso
01-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Aaron said that they do work on a cyclo and PC:)

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I also received some pre-production 4" pads and they are GREAT. I have also talked with Aaron about using them on a Cyclo and he stated the Edge PC adapter fits on the Cyclo. So, the new 4" pads can definitely be used on the Cyclo. In fact, he went so far as to say it makes it a totally different and much better machine.

A much better machine!?! And I was already impressed by the cyclo! I hope the kit isn't as expensive as the PC kit. :)

The Edge
01-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Not only will they work with the Cyclo they will totally and I MEAN COMPLETLY change the feel of that machine to the point you will never want to buff without the Edge2000 system again! It removes about 50% more of the vibrations so that you almost dont know the machine is even on! It is so smooth on your hands it becomes a pleasure to polish. Aside from this, it makes attaching the pads and centering them a SNAP so you don't have the pads hitting eachother and wearing out faster. You don't have those bulky black rubber plates on the machine which can hit the car because it is now pad material all the way around. You have two pads in one, and can use both sides. The pads are closer to the machine so you have better control. The transformation is so amazing that anyone who currently uses the PC with all that vibration and tries the Cyclo with our system on it WILL NEVER GO BACK!!