PDA

View Full Version : What to buy.

Excessive Detail
01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey guyz, I thinking of making an AG purchase soon and I want to get one last opinion from you guyz. I posted a thread not to long ago basically asking the same thing, but like I said I want one last opinion. I'm gonna buy some ploishes and I want something that will work in the sun. Many suggested Optimum or xmt, and of course I can't make up my mind, I'd like to get both, but I'm kinda straped for cash. Out of the two which would you guyz go with, most bang for the buck or easiest to work with. I already have Pb ploishes and they don't really work for me in the sun. Thanks.

Sevenrd
01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm partial to Optimum. No dusting, long work times. Bang for the buck easily goes to Optimum: 32oz for $17 vs. XMT's 12oz for $13.

I've used OP in sunlight with no ill effects. Worked it in and wiped it off as easily as if in the shade. It wasn't scorching temperatures though, so I'm not sure how it would work in those conditions.

nick19
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
You can also add a little #83 to whatever more aggressive polish you choose for a longer working time.

I have used Optimum and would recommend that, and Meg's. I also picked up DP Super Swirl Remover, Mild Swirl Remover, and DP Finishing Glaze. (All $9.99 each) A SUPER buy IMO.

PB's and XMT will also work. Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong.

(For the price, and size of product you get, I would go the DP way, just my opinion again)

-Nick :cheers:
5-Star Auto Detailing

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Optimum. Way cheaper

FloridaNative
01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Optimum is great, but I still really love the XMT better. I used it on a black car in the heat of the day when the car was literally too hot to rest your hand on and the polish performed fantastically. It has great cleaners in it too. :) But they are both really good and I don't think you could go wrong either way.:)

Surfer
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm gonna say Optimum, I have the old version still and they rock, the new ones have all the same great qualities as before (long work times, no dusting etc) but have even more cutting power. I would pick up OC and OP.

Nuke33
01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Optimum works good for me never used Xmt though

Strokin04
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Is the optimum poli-seal the same as op but with sealant? Also what kind of cutting power does optimum poli-seal have compared to other brands? Mike...

Al-53
01-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Optimum is a good polish and the compounds are good also...they have a nice working time and pretty sun friendly..and user friendly..the results are very good...and no dust or gumming up the pad...

Al

Excessive Detail
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Optimum is great, but I still really love the XMT better. I used it on a black car in the heat of the day when the car was literally too hot to rest your hand on and the polish performed fantastically. It has great cleaners in it too. :) But they are both really good and I don't think you could go wrong either way.:)

If I get the optimum which ones do I need to get, or which ones should I start out with. I'm thinking I might wind up buying both xmt and opt, and I wouldn't mind trying dps line, does that stuff work in the sun.

nick19
01-22-2007, 06:52 PM
OP, and OP-PoliSeal are great. I would only recommend OC if you have some good PC skills.

-Nick :cheers:
5-Star Auto Detailing

Surfer
01-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Grab Optimum Polish (or Poli Seal if you want) and definitley Optimum Compound, the OC is very agressive but finishes down like a polish, I've used it at times witha yellow Edge cutting pad and could go straight to LSP w/o following up with a final polish unlike others. Some people have used Hyper Compound with the PC, but honestly if OC and cutting pad doesn't remove stuff, you need a rotary lol.

supercharged
01-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Best bang for the buck - Optimum.
But I would get both, Pinnacle and Optimum.

Excessive Detail
01-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Best bang for the buck - Optimum.
But I would get both, Pinnacle and Optimum.

Yea I'll probably get both, I actually have a little xmt 1,2,3 and glaze, but I never used it in the sun so I definitley want to try it again, just curious what do you think about dps polishes compared to these two.

supercharged
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Yea I'll probably get both, I actually have a little xmt 1,2,3 and glaze, but I never used it in the sun so I definitley want to try it again, just curious what do you think about dps polishes compared to these two.
I have all three DP polishes (thanks for samples, Justin), but have not used them yet. According to Justin, they have a little more bite, but are not sun friendly. They are on sale though...