PDA

View Full Version : APC Suggestion

Pages : [1] 2

Twister
07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm looking for a good APC. I've been using Simple Green for a long time but even at full strength sometimes it's not effective.

With so many here using different products I would like some opinions on what would be good to try. If you've used more than one item what were they and which did you prefer and why?

AeroCleanse
07-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Meguiars APC+ is what I use mostly (that's sold by AG)

grantm
07-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I like Megs APC for interiors. I love Zeps Citrus Degreaser for wheels, engine bays, and wheel wells. You can get that product at Home Depot for around $10 per gallon.

HeavyMetal
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
+1 on the Meg's APC+.

Jeff120
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
+1 on the Meg's APC+.

+2!

BobbyG
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Meguiar's APC or Optimum Power Clean are the ones I use. Both are good and reasonably priced and occasionally go on sale! :props:

A personal observation.

Through the years I've tried Simple Green in regular strength and Industrial Strength and to be honest it isn't worth the time I spent with it.

eanelson
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Optimum power clean. Mix up a bottle at 3-1 and use it on anything you want.

EDIT: I don't want to hijack but this question may be in line with what the OP needs to know. I have a gallon of OPC and a gallon of APC+. I LOVE the OPC but haven't really used APC+. What would be a good use of that? I don't want it to harm the paint so maybe wheel wells and wheels? Is it safe to use over opticoat 2.0?

StephenK
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
i would go with Megs APC+ over Optimum Power Clean only cause of the price. both are very good and can be used on everything but Megs is cheaper to buy

Old Tiger
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Meguiar's APC or Optimum Power Clean are the ones I use. Both are good and reasonably priced and occasionally go on sale! :props:

A personal observation.

Through the years I've tried Simple Green in regular strength and Industrial Strength and to be honest it isn't worth the time I spent with it.

Optimum power clean. Mix up a bottle at 3-1 and use it on anything you want.

EDIT: I don't want to hijack but this question may be in line with what the OP needs to know. I have a gallon of OPC and a gallon of APC+. I LOVE the OPC but haven't really used APC+. What would be a good use of that? I don't want it to harm the paint so maybe wheel wells and wheels? Is it safe to use over opticoat 2.0?
I prefer OPC too. IMO any APC is safe on wheels & wells.

Twister
07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm glad I asked. I see a lot talk about Megs APC and I always wondered if it was their APC or APC+.

Mazda.Mark
07-06-2011, 01:16 PM
apc+ is so versatile!

LegacyGT
07-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I use OPC for interior trim & leather, engine bay, and paint.

I use APC+ on tires and wheels, and carpets before extraction.

If you only want a single product, OPC is a very safe way to go, as it can be used on pretty much everything, but it is a bit more expensive than APC+.

maximus20895
07-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I believe APC+ can be used on almost anything as well, but it needs to be diluted more.

Twister
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give both a try starting with Megs

Flannigan
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I use two all the time. Zep Citrus (not "safe" on paint, but with some common sense can be used on most surfaces). Also I LOVE Optimum PowerClean. It's safe on everything and can be dilluted down a lot and still be very capable of removing stains, dirt, bug, tar etc.