PDA

View Full Version : Klasse twins topped with WG Sealant, Souveran or P21S?

Demonicus666
01-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Hey guys I was curious after using say the Klasse twins, is it possible to top it off Wolfgang Sealant then with Pinnacle Souveran? Same question but again could the klasse twins be topped off with the Wolfgang Sewalant and P21S too?
Or could it be possible to top the klasse twins with Wolfgang Sealant, Souveran and P21S?

abrcrombe
01-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Usually sealants need to bond to a clean surface to work properly. A sealant generally cannot bond to another sealant. You could top it with Souveran/P21S or both though.

supercharged
01-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Usually sealants need to bond to a clean surface to work properly. A sealant generally cannot bond to another sealant. You could top it with Souveran/P21S or both though.
:iagree: Use either Klasse Twins, or Wolfgang as a sealant (You still can use AIO before Wolfgang DGPS), then top it off with carnauba of your choice.

Gary Sword
01-22-2007, 07:42 AM
I just put a coat of Klasse AIO on my enclosed car trailer. Next I wanted to put a coat of Wolfgang DGPS or Poorboy's EX-P over the AIO. This was the first time I had tried AIO on a painted surface. I think I read on a thread a while back that you should wash again after applying AIO to get off the oils before putting on a sealant so it will bond better. It this correct? Should I wash the trailer again before putting on the sealant?

cullen2505
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm new to this, but from what I read, people usually use AIO AFTER using a polish that contains a lot of oils instead of re-washing or doing a IPA 50/50 wipedown. AIO leaves the slate clean for any sealant or LSP to bond to it. So I don't think it would be recommended to wash after AIO. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

ScottB
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I love Souveran ... but all are nice choices !!

Surfer
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I was reading an old report or something from the original owners of Souveran where it said for pry the simplest but excellent look, AIO topped with Souveran. Or at least that's what the old owners liked.

Al-53
01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I just put a coat of Klasse AIO on my enclosed car trailer. Next I wanted to put a coat of Wolfgang DGPS or Poorboy's EX-P over the AIO. This was the first time I had tried AIO on a painted surface. I think I read on a thread a while back that you should wash again after applying AIO to get off the oils before putting on a sealant so it will bond better. It this correct? Should I wash the trailer again before putting on the sealant?

Gary..there is no need to wash after AIO...it is basicly a water based product with solvent cleaner and some Acrylics ...if it had oils in it you would not be able to go to Klasse Sealant after as Klasse is very funny as to what it will work with...and oils is one it will not work with...

So you can use your Wolfgang..or EX-P right over AIO...

AL

Gary Sword
01-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Gary..there is no need to wash after AIO...it is basicly a water based product with solvent cleaner and some Acrylics ...if it had oils in it you would not be able to go to Klasse Sealant after as Klasse is very funny as to what it will work with...and oils is one it will not work with...

So you can use your Wolfgang..or EX-P right over AIO...

AL

Thank you very much for the info Al.

Demonicus666
01-24-2007, 01:30 AM
So then a sealant can bond to the Klasse twins then right??

cullen2505
01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
The Klasse twins, or more specifically, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is a sealant. If you don't want to use SG, then only use the AIO and top it with a different sealant. Then you could top that with Souveran or P21S.