PDA

View Full Version : Help pick out a swirl remover..

keepitclean
07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sure this is like beating a dead horse and the more I read the more undecided I am. I have used Meg 105 with sucess but have had some dusting, drying problems that I've work thru. I've used WG TSR with fairly good sucess and it tends to work easy with good results. Most of the vehicles I detail are not too bad and most are fairly common auto car wash swirls. I don't mind going with Wolfgang again but, call me tight, it's expensive. I like the Menzerna products and others...........just looking for some suggestions.

SRTSean
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
I just used Megs UC the other day and it took out swirls nicely. Not much dusting at all either. The only thing that was a hassle was that it seemed to smear a little during removal.

keepitclean
07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
thanks..................the Altima you did looks good as well.

silverfox
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Don't underestimate Megs D300 DA microfiber as a good, reasonably priced, swirl remover. No dusting, easy wipe off, and it can even be used as a one step correction sysyem because as a compound it finishes down incredibly well. It almost looks like the car was just waxed after using D300. It only needs protection applied afterwards.

James K
07-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Optimum Hyper Compound Spray. No dusting, good cut, excellent working time, and easy to use.

Dr Oldz
07-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Hard to suggest one set of "Twins" as each car is different.
If you like the WG twins then this is pretty much the same thing: Menzerna Power Finish & Super Finish Bundle, Menzerna Polishing Compounds, Menzerna PO203 & PO106FA, car polishes (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-polish-bundle2.html)

105/205 are great also.

OPT Hyper Compound/polish is another good choice that is zero dusting and super long work times with easy wipe off.

Guess the more the better!

sensi09
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
UC and SIP should cover most of your bases.

keepitclean
07-15-2011, 07:51 AM
How does Menz Power Finish compare to 105 and WG TSR?

I using a PC 7424xp

I'm think the Menx twins will take care of most of my needs............

I don't do this for a living just a few cars on the side when asked............but I am anal enough to strive for the best results.

jfelbab
07-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Like you, most of the cars I do are in good to excellent condition and I use Meg's #205 on these. #205 doesn't dry out as quickly as #105 for me and if you don't need the heavier cut it works well and finishes perfectly.

That said, I just started down the path with Meg's MF system and am really loving it so far.

I might add that I really like Meg's Reconditioning Cream for fast one-steps.