PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Question

maxniman
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I have some Wolfgang DG3 and WG Finish Glaze on the way. I have already used the Megs MF 300/301 system and the car looks great(black 08 vette). my question, after applying the WG glaze can I immediately add a layer of DG or do I have to give the glaze some cure/setup time? I know the gloss has a 12 hour cure time - not sure about the glaze

silverfox
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
There is no "cure time" after applying WG Finishing Glaze. Apply, wipe off, put on the sealant. Having said that, the WG Finishing Glaze will probably REMOVE the the D301 oils, cleaners, and silicone because it has abrasives in it...so I think I would have stopped at applying D300 if I were putting the WG products on afterwards.

In fact...don't shoot me,,,but I think if your car looks great now....you don't need the WG products at this point....D301 finishes down REALLY well, and its not a bad LSP either...but if you want to experiment, then by all means see how it comes out.

embolism
07-05-2011, 11:13 AM
WG finishing glaze is not a glaze but a polish equivalent to Menzerna 106FA. It probably won't add any noticeable refinement to the D301.

If you are looking to jewel, then rotary and Menz PO85rd is on the table. I've never done it but once I get done playing with all my toys and need a new fix, I might try it.

following D301 I would either wash the car before putting on the WGDGPS, or wipe it down with the Griots prewax prep spray.

Mike Phillips
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM
my question, after applying the WG glaze can I immediately add a layer of DG or do I have to give the glaze some cure/setup time?

I know the gloss has a 12 hour cure time - not sure about the glaze

Like already posted to this thread, the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a light cleaning polish it contains no protection ingredients.

There's a lot of confusion over terms like glaze so it's easy to get confused. That's were forums come in handy...

:)

Dubbin1
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Max really should consider removing Glaze from the name. It was a huge mistake naming it that.

maxniman
07-05-2011, 07:04 PM
thanks everyone for the feedback:props: I will just use the WGDG and save the glaze for my early winter detail