PDA

View Full Version : least aggressive? best methods?

Jaretr1
07-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I am going to do some test spots on my Camaro tomorrow morning. The paint is in excellent condition with some light swirls. I have the 105 / 205 combo...and will top it off with M21. I also have a full compliment of CCS pads. My question is, when using the methodology of least aggressive product first....should I start with a less aggressive pad or less aggressive product? For instance, 105 with a white pad before Orange? Or 205 with an Orange pad? Where should I start with less aggression? Pad or compound / polish?

Thanks and happy birthday USA.

john b
07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
yes thats what i would do-tape off a 2ft by 2 ft area and have at it-are those the only polishs you have?

Jhaight11
07-04-2011, 07:28 PM
try 105 with a white pad then 205 with a gray pad. if that doesnt work up the white pad to orange and keep the 205 with grey

embolism
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
start with 205 and white

If the test spot is not to your liking then go 105 and orange. You can do a couple passes and see how it looks.

Your goal is level paint so if you get there with an aggressive combo that finishes nicely and fewer passes, then that is just as effective (maybe even moreso) than a less aggressive combo that requires many more passes to get to the same place (level paint).

Apparently you can get even more cut from 105 after it flashes by lightly spritzing the panel with water and continuing with the 105 but I have never needed to try this on the few cars I have done.

weavers
07-04-2011, 08:03 PM
start with 205 and white

If the test spot is not to your liking then go 105 and orange. You can do a couple passes and see how it looks.

Your goal is level paint so if you get there with an aggressive combo that finishes nicely and fewer passes, then that is just as effective (maybe even moreso) than a less aggressive combo that requires many more passes to get to the same place (level paint).

Apparently you can get even more cut from 105 after it flashes by lightly spritzing the panel with water and continuing with the 105 but I have never needed to try this on the few cars I have done.

This is exactly what I would do. m205+white, 4-6passes. if not happy go up a step. be sure to count how many passes and how much pressure is needed.

Jaretr1
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I ended up with 105 and Orange and got 85% of the defects out of the paint. What I did not think about is my hood which I did this morning is aftermarket, installed by SLP when they built the car, the rest of the car might be a different story.

Mike Phillips
07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I ended up with 105 and Orange and got 85% of the defects out of the paint.

Is this a daily driver?

If so 85% correction is fine...

:xyxthumbs:

Jaretr1
07-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Its not a daily driver. Its kind of a collectable.