PDA

View Full Version : CCS Constant Pressure White and Wolfgangs Final Polish

XLNTShine
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Guys I used the WG Twins today and noticed something odd after I was finished and pulled the truck out into the sun. I had holograms. I know the dealer made a mess out of the truck applying a glaze and using a rotary. The holograms didn't look like the ones I had from the dealer. These followed the tight pattern on my GG DA. I used a CCS while pad with the WG final polish. I didn't see these in the shop lights or the work lights so I put on collonite 845, buffed off and pulled it out in the sun.

I applied the 845 with a CCS Constant pressure Gold pad on speed 2, which really was two slow but it worked. Do you think maybe the Gold pad put the markings in the clear? I also put way to much of the 845 on the pad as it was very warm and kind of burped out of the bottle. I had enough on the pad to spread it over one whole side of the truck. It did haze slightly do I am pretty sure I had enough wax on the pad.

It sucks because the paint looks amazing except for the swirls.

Do you think the White pad could have done this? I didn't overwork the product... or could the gold pad actually do this?

Any advise would a great.

BTW the truck is a 2003 Chevy Tahoe so I expected the paint to be pretty hard.

James K
07-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Is it actually holograms or could it be streaking from the Collinite being applied to thick. Could you post some pics? A white or gold pad leaving holograms with a DA and a final polish is kinda hard to do.

embolism
07-03-2011, 08:11 PM
could it be marring left by some WG polish that was trapped in those CCS dimples and didn't get a chance to break down?

XLNTShine
07-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Both good points, I will try to get a picture. I guess I need to break out the SLR and try to capture what is going on.

Setec Astronomy
07-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, that sounds to me more like wax streaking, perhaps the 845 isn't playing nice with the residual oils from the polish.