PDA

View Full Version : Headlight restoration in as little as 30 seconds

Pages : [1] 2

S2K
07-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I just saw a commercial on tv for "Fast Brite headlight restoration kit" (I know I'm not to mention products not sold by AG but I don't think any members here are going to buy this). It is a polish and sponge and they must have said "in as little as 30 seconds" 10 times. Said it was a wipe on wipe off, showed a very discolored headlight and with one wipe of the sponge it looked brand new. I bet they are selling a million of these to people who just can't understand why it doesn't work. Also they said "why pay a detailer $100 when you can do it yourself in as little as 30 seconds". I thought it was funny, couldn't stop laughing.

Porsche Pilot
07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I see that commercial all the time now, plus just the one for the scratch filling pen and believe it or not...seconds ago I saw a commerical for Nu Finish. Remember that one? Guy in the junkyard with the orange bottle of the miracle Nu Finish? My customers ask me about that headlight product all the time. I tell them that it's their money and they are free to spend it however they wish. I also tell them that they have my number when they want true and lasting results.

catfish07
07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
That's funny, I did a headlight restore for a guy that told me he just used that product. I guess he didn't like how it worked.. He was like "for 10 bucks what the he'll". Too funny

S2K
07-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I've seen the scratch pen and Nu Finish but that was the first time I saw the Fast Brite. I just love all those too good to be true things and wonder just how many people believe them.

Shane731
07-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I saw a thread about that product somewhere recently (can't find it ATM). One poster said he worked (or used to work) for a company that sold products like this, and all they do for the commercial is put some toothpaste or hairspray or something like that on a headlight, so it looks hazy, and then they just wipe it right off. Remember the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

Rei86
07-03-2011, 07:57 PM
watched the video and the FaceBook comments are not from very happy customers

James K
07-03-2011, 08:01 PM
It's one of those things the company makes a fortune on from the uniformed. Then they close shop after all the complaints and come out with some other new miracle product.

TheCougarGuy
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM
My buddy told me about that commercial a few weeks ago and how it just wipes the headlights clean without polishing. Without seeing it myself, I told him it was just another B.S product that doesn't really work.

...What does he know, he takes his brand new Flex through automatic car washes even though the rear wiper was ripped off his old Explorer two times.

catfish07
07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
What I get a kick out of is the before and afters they show.. The afters are foggy!! Looks like crap.

embolism
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
just saw the commercial up here. Must be wax haze on a couple of those headlights b/c with one swipe it's gone!

reggie1967
07-03-2011, 11:42 PM
I see that commercial all the time now, plus just the one for the scratch filling pen and believe it or not...seconds ago I saw a commerical for Nu Finish. Remember that one? Guy in the junkyard with the orange bottle of the miracle Nu Finish? My customers ask me about that headlight product all the time. I tell them that it's their money and they are free to spend it however they wish. I also tell them that they have my number when they want true and lasting results. i also have a lot of customer ask me about that commercial as well as you look at it there lights really not clean most of the light mostly clean i think it a quick gimme , i tell customer if they want to try it go for it

Flannigan
07-04-2011, 12:08 AM
I lol every time I see any of the commercials that have been mentioned.

gumbedamit
07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I see everyone talking about the product, but at the risk of getting flamed, has anyone actually tried it. I've not, seen the commercials, just wondered?

embolism
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd rather spend the money on some meg's unigrit sandpaper which I know will work...

just read some of the comments from angry people who didn't know any better when they bought the product... it's sad but they know now...

A4 1.8tqm
07-06-2011, 05:08 AM
I saw a thread about that product somewhere recently (can't find it ATM). One poster said he worked (or used to work) for a company that sold products like this, and all they do for the commercial is put some toothpaste or hairspray or something like that on a headlight, so it looks hazy, and then they just wipe it right off. Remember the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

:laughing: What a scam!