PDA

View Full Version : introduced swirls

gibbsj87
07-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I was detailing my car the other day and it was HOT. I have no place to do it where it's cool, so I just have to do it when I can. I try to do it at night; but it's still very warm...

Anyway, I didn't have any swirls in the paint, just a few superficial scratches. I decided to use a white LC pad on my 7424 with some Meg 205... I noticed after I did a few passes in my 2x2 section, very light swirls. These where not there before and I have tried everything to remove them. I tried a few more section passes to let the polish break down some more, and nothing... IDK if my LC pad it just old or bad. I cleaned it fairly well before I started.. I also tried some Pin XMT.. the Ultra Fine.. No luck. I also tried a green LC pad.

LegacyGT
07-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Are they pig tails? If so, some sort of dirt/debris got caught in your pad.

qaz393
07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I was detailing my car the other day and it was HOT. I have no place to do it where it's cool, so I just have to do it when I can. I try to do it at night; but it's still very warm...

Anyway, I didn't have any swirls in the paint, just a few superficial scratches. I decided to use a white LC pad on my 7424 with some Meg 205... I noticed after I did a few passes in my 2x2 section, very light swirls. These where not there before and I have tried everything to remove them. I tried a few more section passes to let the polish break down some more, and nothing... IDK if my LC pad it just old or bad. I cleaned it fairly well before I started.. I also tried some Pin XMT.. the Ultra Fine.. No luck. I also tried a green LC pad.

m205 does not break down. also was the polish dried up??

also are you working clean IE Properly CLEANED Pads

gibbsj87
07-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah, the pads where cleaned. No, there is no pigtails. The polish is fresh, not dried up.

master detailer
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
did you prime the pad before you started?

gibbsj87
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I primed the pad. I sprayed a little Pin spray detailer to moisten the pad, and then applied the 205, covering the entire pad initially.