PDA

View Full Version : Best product to protect and clean suede trim

unclestu
07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone,
Some of you might remember me from my black Porsche 911 turbo or my dark blue Cadillac Escalde. Well we now have a new member of the family. A 2011 Cadillac CTS V coupe in silver metalic. The car has the optional Roccaro seats in leather and suede. What product would you all recommend for protecting and cleaning the suede trim on the interior?
Thanks for your feedback.
This is a link to the CTS V web site:

2011 CTS-V Luxury Sports Coupe | Cadillac (http://www.cadillac.com/ctsVCoupe/2011/?seo=msn_|_2008_Cadillac_Retention_|_IMG_Cadillac_ CTS-V_Coupe_|_CTS_V_Coupe_Exact_|_cts_v_coupe&utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Retention-Cadillac-IMG_Cadillac_CTS-V_Coupe&utm_content=Search&utm_term=cts_v_coupe)

Stu

C. Charles Hahn
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
For protection I've used Kiwi Camp-Dri with a good bit of success... it's a waterproofer you can pick up at camping supply and sporting goods stores, as well as probably shoe repair shops.

judyb
07-04-2011, 08:55 AM
It needs to be clarified first whether these are genuine suede seats or a fabric alternative which is often the case in car interiors. If they are genuine suede then use a Nubuck or Suede protector and then use a 'dry' cleaning method that requires a brush to raise the nap and then a nubuck cloth which will remove any dirt. Wet cleaning is not recommended as due to the absorbency of the suede and liquid cleaner would simply take the dirt further into the leather.

Hope this helsp
Regards
Judyb

James K
07-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Judy, I was going to mention the same thing. It is very possible it is Alcantara. Many people confuse this for suede. I am not sure what Recaro is using. I have it in my Cobra.

If it is alcantara, then it is treated very differently. A damp MF towel is all you want to use. Either that or check out a product from Raceglaze that is made for it. Key thing is do not saturate it.