PDA

View Full Version : tire dressing

Pages : [1] 2 3

NewXJ
07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
im looking for a tire dressing that gives a shine not a wet look. i dont want to use gel because it slings on the side of the car after applying. any ideas of products helpful...

Dr Oldz
07-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Check out Megs Hyper Dressing. The DP gel doesn't sling IME also.

dchristo
07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
surf city garage's beyond black works great

Scarelane
07-02-2011, 10:00 PM
My favorite is Griot's Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. Nice clean look. Not fake and shiney.

Ted S.
07-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I know WG tire black diamond is a gel, but it's awesome. A bit pricey, but it gives a nice glow and I've never had it sling.:xyxthumbs:

Tyrod
07-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Personally, I prefer no treatment whatsoever, just clean tires. I know different folks have different expectations and when doing for a customer it's practically expected. I'm not a pro, so I do as I please. But it is a good way to cover up dirty tires. As a tire chain spokesman here in Orlando used to say "tires ain't purdy". I get a laugh when I see the local pimpmobile goin' 'round here with super glossy brown tires.

Ted S.
07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Personally, I prefer no treatment whatsoever, just clean tires. I know different folks have different expectations and when doing for a customer it's practically expected. I'm not a pro, so I do as I please. But it is a good way to cover up dirty tires. As a tire chain spokesman here in Orlando used to say "tires ain't purdy". I get a laugh when I see the local pimpmobile goin' 'round here with super glossy brown tires.
:goodpost: Especially the uneven-greasy brown ones.:laughing: I prefer very clean tires, well dressed with a good quality tire dressing. Just my personal preference. Certain dressings seem to prolong the time it takes for the tire to get dirty and brown again.

flyinion
07-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I've been using a sample bottle of the Pinnacle one for a couple washes now and have been happy with it. No sling and a nice finish that is black and not overly shiny (don't like that super shiny look). I just put one coat on super thin and let the car sit overnight after and it seems to cure just fine.

shrtbull
07-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I've been using a sample bottle of the Pinnacle one for a couple washes now and have been happy with it. No sling and a nice finish that is black and not overly shiny (don't like that super shiny look). I just put one coat on super thin and let the car sit overnight after and it seems to cure just fine.

:iagree:

Garry Dean
07-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Id say a gel is your best bet.

mg6045
07-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Optimum Opti-bond gel actually dries really fast and stays put. I was impressed with this when I used it for the first time a couple weeks ago. It dried faster than any other water based (white) dressing that I have used.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/opti-bond-gel.html)

Cobra Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicators 3 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-applicator.html)

If you are hell bent on not using a gel, Optimum also has a spray tire dressing. The new formula is VERY similar in looks to the Optibond gel.

Optimum Tire Shine is a glossy, protective tire dressing for all exterior rubber trim, tires & moldings. Get the optimum shine on your car's tires! (http://www.autogeek.net/opt500.html)

cmichael258
07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
UTTG. Looks great but not cheap.

00celica
07-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Wolfgang Black Diamond is a gel, but doesn't sling, and lasts long through washes. However, I find that with any gel, an even application with only a small amount of dressing and waiting at least an hour before driving, eliminates any sling.

Niele
07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
...i dont want to use gel because it slings on the side of the car after applying.
Not all gel's sling. I use DP GTG and it never slings.
DP Gloss Tire Gel penetrates deep below the surface to hydrate and refresh dull, dry rubber. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html)

Which tire dressings have you tried?

Dubbin1
07-03-2011, 10:45 AM
DP tire gel, its inexpensive and drys to the touch.