PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Car Cleaning Gun

Pages : [1] 2

Dtx oreo
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm looking into investing but I was curious can the normal attachment be switched out with the front attachment of the air foamer without needing a whole new gun?

Thanks guys

Kristopher1129
07-02-2011, 09:25 PM
It can not. I actually own both.

The problem is what goes into the canister. The foam gun has a thick plastic tube, where as the Tornador has a hanging weighted metal ball attached to a thin flexible rubber hose. Two very different structures when it comes to the mechanics of how they work.

But, I'm pretty sure the gun itself is the same. So yes, technically you could take off the foam canister, and replace it with the Tornador cone and vice versa. But it's not gonna work right. The distribution of the product in the canister is completely different.

Just a little tip too...don't get the foam gun. I regret buying it. It puts out a dry foam...which is really kinda useless IMO. It also goes through a canister of product in about 10 seconds. The Tornador on the other hand...I wouldn't be without. I have two of them.

Mobile detail
07-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I agree. Foam gun is worthless. You'll find most People feel that way. The tornador gun is a great tool though. Cuts down on time and its fun to use. You just ned a powerful compressor to run it.

Scarelane
07-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Just used my Tornador gun for the first time today. Worked really well.

Dtx oreo
07-02-2011, 11:53 PM
My dad has a 3 gal 150psi compressor only think is it only hold peaks pressure for 15-20seconds then slowly comes down unless u let it build up more pressure. Think it should be ok?

-Longhorn-
07-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Why waste your money get a gallon of ONR. My car hasn't seen a hose in 3 years and looks immaculate.

Kristopher1129
07-03-2011, 10:54 AM
My dad has a 3 gal 150psi compressor only think is it only hold peaks pressure for 15-20seconds then slowly comes down unless u let it build up more pressure. Think it should be ok?

You could get by with that...but, you're gonna be waiting for it to build pressure quite a bit. I would get something bigger. At least a 10 or 12 gal. Also, you don't wanna run the Tornador past 90 psi...so make sure you make that adjustment.

If you like to have your compressor at a higher psi, just attach a regulator to the Tornador.

ShineTimeDetail
07-03-2011, 02:38 PM
So you can't change that tube out?

Dtx oreo
07-03-2011, 07:28 PM
You could get by with that...but, you're gonna be waiting for it to build pressure quite a bit. I would get something bigger. At least a 10 or 12 gal. Also, you don't wanna run the Tornador past 90 psi...so make sure you make that adjustment.

If you like to have your compressor at a higher psi, just attach a regulator to the Tornador.

Just and adjustment knob. That's simple. How much is a good air compressor

Dtx oreo
07-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Wonder that myself but... Lol

Kristopher1129
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM

The whole way it's setup to the cap is totally different. I don't really get why you need to swap the parts around anyways...

Kristopher1129
07-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Just and adjustment knob. That's simple. How much is a good air compressor

Price ranges are all over the place. Really depends on the brand, psi, cfm, etc.

I've been through a couple compressors, and it seems to me that you'd want to spend no less than about $150. But more than likely you'll be spending $200 or more.

There's so many compressors out there. Just gotta look around. I got lucky with one that I found for my mobile van. Costed me $200 but it's a two in one. There's a portable 3 gallon tank attached to a much larger 17 gal tank. The two separate enabling me to be much more versatile.

next gen detail
07-04-2011, 12:45 AM
i have a 30 gallon compressor and also a 80. the 30 is probably sufficient for most tornador users. you can use it for about 30-45 seconds constantly before it will run out . i run my tornador at 110 psi on the 80 gallon unit. the 80 never runs out or drops pressure when using it.

and when you have a really good compressor you will notice how much more product comes out allowing you to get to the next panel faster.

depending on what your going to be using the tornador for a cheap compressor might do the job. but if you are a detail shop with a lot of volume then a large compressor is a must

ShineTimeDetail
07-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I have a old 33 gallon craftsman air compressor. I can run it non stop for a few minutes. If I continually use it then the compressor with continually run and I can use it non stop without stopping.

Kristopher1129
07-04-2011, 01:21 PM
i have a 30 gallon compressor and also a 80. the 30 is probably sufficient for most tornador users. you can use it for about 30-45 seconds constantly before it will run out . i run my tornador at 110 psi on the 80 gallon unit. the 80 never runs out or drops pressure when using it.

and when you have a really good compressor you will notice how much more product comes out allowing you to get to the next panel faster.

depending on what your going to be using the tornador for a cheap compressor might do the job. but if you are a detail shop with a lot of volume then a large compressor is a must

Agreed, I have the smaller 20 gal unit in my van for mobile. But in my shop I have a huge compressor running two different hoses that come down from the ceiling.

When hooked up to my bigger compressor in the shop...it never runs out.