PDA

View Full Version : Red Or Blue Pad For Liquid Wax And Sealant

Nick B
07-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Which color LC Smart Pad ( red or blue ) would be best for applying liquid wax or sealant with a DA ?
Thanks'
Nick

D_Nyholm
07-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I use the red pad. I've never owned a blue so can't comment on it

PPLd
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I heard that Red and Blue are the same foam.
I use a flat, beveled edge red foam pad to apply paste and liquid wax/sealant myself.

I have purchased some gold pads to try them out.
Gold is supposed to be even softer than Red.
btw the constant pressure Lake Country pads are coming to Autogeek so you might want to wait for them.

spitshine1
07-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I have all colors gold is the softest.
Red and blue work well, ccs pads are good!

SATracker
07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I use blue for KAIO, then red for sealant or wax. But I'll bet that for a majority of detailers (me included) and for 99.9% of owners, there's no visible difference in results between red or blue.

kronos
07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Have you considered the crimson hydro-tech pads? I use the 4" pad to spread waxes and sealants.

Crimson Ultra Finishing Foam - The crimson foam is designed to apply waxes, glazes, and sealants in flawless, even coats without causing swirls. The soft foam has very light polishing ability, making it a great choice for cleaner waxes, too. Since the crimson pad is made of Hydro-Tech foam, it does not soak up liquid waxes and paint sealants like some finishing pads can. You'll be able to cover more paint with less product. The crimson pad is a great choice to apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

02CAMSS
07-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I have used both and they work the same. If you have not purchased a red or blue pad yet and you are going to use it for lsp's then get the red and if you do not own a red pad and have a blue already then do not bother wasting money buying a red pad.

mg6045
07-03-2011, 08:04 AM
I use blue.

does anyone know for sure if the red and blue pads are actually the same ?

PPLd
07-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I use blue.

does anyone know for sure if the red and blue pads are actually the same ?

Alright let me be that "anyone" then LOL

according to Lake Country official web site,
the product description for red and blue is the same.
they are both said to be:
"Extra soft, high strength foam for one-step polishes and sealants"

and if you check their product chart out, which car be found here:
Buffing & Polishing Application Guide Chart | Lake Country Manufacturing (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/applicationguide/chart/)
the red and blue foam is placed in the same cell in the scale of aggressiveness.

I hope you found this info useful.

mg6045
07-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I hope you found this info useful.

Yes I do for sure. Nice chart. Thx for your contribution.

BobbyG
07-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Both the blue and red pads not only work well but are recommended for this purpose by the manufacture.....:props: