PDA

View Full Version : IronX application?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
07-01-2011, 06:54 PM
After it's sprayed on, do you immediately rub with a damp sponge, let dwell for 5 minutes, then rinse? Or, spray on, let dwell for 5 minutes, rub with damp sponge, then rinse?

S2K
07-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Mark, Nick let it dwell then washed with sponge:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/34825-iron-x-action.html
Hope that helps.

Old Tiger
07-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Mark, Nick let it dwell then washed with sponge:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/34825-iron-x-action.html
Hope that helps.
Me too!

MirrorFinish
07-01-2011, 07:18 PM
You can actually let it dry, much like the Wolf stuff. You only need to adjertate it on really dirty surfaces.

C. Charles Hahn
07-01-2011, 09:42 PM
- ‪CarPro IronX Demo‬‏

Just increase the dwell time for increased effect -- I did that section faster just for demo purposes.

Mobile detail
07-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Pardon my ignorance but with the iron x spray what's the point? Why wouldn't you just remove everything with clay. Seems like it would not be cost effective to spray the car down. How many cars can you do with one bottle? What's the difference between the spray and the soap? Why is this a needed product over claying?

Avi@CarPro
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Pardon my ignorance but with the iron x spray what's the point? Why wouldn't you just remove everything with clay. Seems like it would not be cost effective to spray the car down. How many cars can you do with one bottle? What's the difference between the spray and the soap? Why is this a needed product over claying?
Hi
very simple, clay dont remove all the iron particles that baked into the paint clear coat
it only shave the above surface, ironx will dissolve anything above and in the paint

1 bottle can do 3~`4 cars , depend on the size of it

the soap gel is less powerful, but still, if you let it seat on surface for a while it will dissolve as well all irons
the soap is car shampoo as well, thats the major difference

WRAPT C5Z06
07-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi
very simple, clay dont remove all the iron particles that baked into the paint clear coat
it only shave the above surface, ironx will dissolve anything above and in the paint

1 bottle can do 3~`4 cars , depend on the size of it

the soap gel is less powerful, but still, if you let it seat on surface for a while it will dissolve as well all irons
the soap is car shampoo as well, thats the major difference
Avi,

So you're saying the soap gell is just as effective as IronX spray if you let it dwell?

Mobile detail
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Avi! Im going to go ahead and try some out (the spray) and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.

Avi@CarPro
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Avi,

So you're saying the soap gell is just as effective as IronX spray if you let it dwell?
yes, if you leave it for some time it will dissolve irons, the soapgel need to leave on surface , to work it on, not to wash it imidiatly

there wont be much left to clay after ironx , maybe tar or traffic film left...

WRAPT C5Z06
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
yes, if you leave it for some time it will dissolve irons, the soapgel need to leave on surface , to work it on, not to wash it imidiatly

there wont be much left to clay after ironx , maybe tar or traffic film left...
When is the clay alternative coming out from CarPro?

SeaJay's
07-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I always spray on let it dwell for 5 minutes or so and then rinse off. I know it Avi and others have said to take a wet sponge and rub it into the paint, but I honestly think that it's an extra step and so far I have not run into any issues using it this way. And it has saved me a lot of clay.

Never used the IronX soap, so can't comment on that.

2kredbb6
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Not to thread jack, but for those who use this on customers cars, is it used as an alternative to clay? Or do some use it in addition to clay?
If its used in addition to clay what do you charge?

reality33
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Not to thread jack, but for those who use this on customers cars, is it used as an alternative to clay? Or do some use it in addition to clay?
If its used in addition to clay what do you charge?

For me its the first step in a two step decontamination process.

Even though I use Iron X, I always follow up with clay afterwards.

Porsche Pilot
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I use the gel exclusively and a little goes a looong way. I let it dwell about 5 minutes then rinse. If my clients are lurking while I work, I love to point out the purple run off. They think I am using a magical product. It's not witchcraft, it's CarPro! Like SeaJay's, I too am saving on clay big time.