PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

RcAutoDetailing
07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm just out of high school and I am focusing on my business in the months before college class starts. I was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks that just put the customer over the top with satisfaction? Any info is appreciated.

LegacyGT
07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Probably one of the better tips I have read is to do a walk around with the customer and ask them what problems they want fixed. If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied. When you return the car, you can start off by showing how you addressed the areas they were concerned about, then lead into all the other things you did as well.

SeaJay's
07-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Probably one of the better tips I have read is to do a walk around with the customer and ask them what problems they want fixed. If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied. When you return the car, you can start off by showing how you addressed the areas they were concerned about, then lead into all the other things you did as well.

Great advice! Also make sure you try to go above and beyond in each detail. It's not always possible but sometimes say checking the air in their tires and filling it if needed is just a little extra that a lot of people really appreciate.

Be friendly and know what you are talking about as much as you can. Don't pretend you know something you don't. If a customer asks you if you have done a certain thing (say an rv this was mine yesterday) tell them you have never done it but are willing to do the research (coming here to ag) and getting as much knowledge as you can. I usually give them a break on the price too if it's something I have never done. Most people are willing to accept that and will take you up on the offer. You get the business and experience at the same time. Just always be cautious cause a mistake can be costly. I broke a battery holder strap on the rv I did and had to buy a new one. No big deal only cost me $7.

dchristo
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Great advice! Also make sure you try to go above and beyond in each detail. It's not always possible but sometimes say checking the air in their tires and filling it if needed is just a little extra that a lot of people really appreciate.

Be friendly and know what you are talking about as much as you can. Don't pretend you know something you don't. If a customer asks you if you have done a certain thing (say an rv this was mine yesterday) tell them you have never done it but are willing to do the research (coming here to ag) and getting as much knowledge as you can. I usually give them a break on the price too if it's something I have never done. Most people are willing to accept that and will take you up on the offer. You get the business and experience at the same time. Just always be cautious cause a mistake can be costly. I broke a battery holder strap on the rv I did and had to buy a new one. No big deal only cost me $7.

:iagree:

Flash Gordon
07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm just out of high school and I am focusing on my business in the months before college class starts. I was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks that just put the customer over the top with satisfaction? Any info is appreciated.

Be polite

Arrive 5-10 minutes early

Deleiver on time

Address everyone as Mr or Mrs

Clean up your mess (if your mobile)

Always tell them how much you appreciate their support

Christmas/Hanukkuah and thank you cards never hurt either

Bunky
07-01-2011, 06:07 PM
If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied.

I believe most (more than 50% if you are after the typical population) detailer's customers are swirl blind (©) to some extent so the interior clean is very important!

RcAutoDetailing
07-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you for all the advice.

I was recently asked to do a full out detail basically on just the rims of one of my friends trucks. I posted something early but was confused. The problem I see on them is that they are greasy and have break dust stuck on. So I need some more advice, please :-)

Flash Gordon
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Thank you for all the advice.

I was recently asked to do a full out detail basically on just the rims of one of my friends trucks. I posted something early but was confused. The problem I see on them is that they are greasy and have break dust stuck on. So I need some more advice, please :-)

You would get more responses if you make another thread for the wheels