PDA

View Full Version : Superior Automotive Design: Featured on Soletron

sullysdetailing
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
As seen Soletron

Written by Mike@Superior Automotive Design

If you have never heard of Gymkhana, you will soon. Gymkhana (pronounced like gym-kan-a) is the next big thing in automotive racing. Essentially the sport is rally-racing, autocross, drifting and precision driving all mixed into one heart-pounding, ear-splitting visual spectacle.

The history of Gymkhana dates back to even before cars were invented. The original Gymkhana began with horses and their riders navigating their way through a series of obstacles and pylons. This sport has been practiced for hundreds of years, dating as far back as Genghis Khan. But that all sounds pretty boring and lame compared to Gymkhana as we know it today. Fast forward a few hundred years and we meet Ken Block. Ken Block is somewhat of an action sports mogul. Being a professional rally racer, having competed in other sports such as skateboarding, snowboarding and motocross, Ken seems like the right guy to spread awareness about this up and coming sport. The first video from Ken was back in November of 2008. When it first hit Youtube it was an instant success, shocking regular people and gear-heads everywhere.

- Ken Block Gymkhana Practice ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rs-jAImScms)

His first video has gotten over 10 million views, making it the #13 most watched video under Auto and Vehicles on Youtube. But it doesn’t stop there….There is Gymkhana 2, Gymkhana 2.1, Gymkhana 3 Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 with each video becoming more impressive both in driving skill and visual cinematography.
Gymkhana has become so popular that there are Gymkhana clubs being created everywhere. Gymkhana was even featured in the new video game Dirt 3 as an entire game mode. Despite the immediate success of his videos, this seems to be only just the beginning for Ken Block and the Sport of Gymkhana. So if you have not seen this for yourself, what are you waiting for?! Go check it out! And if you have the balls, try it for yourself, (but you will probably die trying)!

- Ken Block's Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4TshFWSsrn8)

V3AutoDetailing
06-30-2011, 10:57 PM
im confused, this is just an article you wrote, or you made the videos with ken block

sullysdetailing
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Article we wrote

V3AutoDetailing
07-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Thats some wild driving. I have ot seen any of those videos before.

sullysdetailing
07-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Yes they are each new one released is better then the last

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CrownKote
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Wow that is all I have to say is wow!

Flash Gordon
07-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Congrats Sully :cheers:

Harleyguy
07-01-2011, 08:25 AM
im confused, this is just an article you wrote, or you made the videos with ken blockLooks like something that was copied and pasted from Wikipedia .

Article we wrote I might be wrong looks like another thread to promote someone else's business

Congrats Sully :cheers:Congrats about what ??

Flash Gordon
07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Congrats about what ??

Mainly to Shawn trying to expand his business

Flannigan
07-01-2011, 08:31 AM
If Sully is shawn, then who is Mike?

Harleyguy
07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Mainly to Shawn trying to expand his businessCould be

sullysdetailing
07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Mike is my partner and the author of the article.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk