PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaner- What's the best?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RcAutoDetailing
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
What is the best window cleaner to use? With no streaks.

Also what kind of towel should be used?

Toddley
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Stoners/microfiber

shawnoen
06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Stoners Invisible Glass!

RcAutoDetailing
07-01-2011, 12:12 AM
I use Stoners and Shop Towels, I'll try the microfibers though. Thank you for the information!

s brewer
07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
invisible glass, blue surgical towels. they have no lint and clean very well

tommythecat
07-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Gotta put a vote in here for Surf City Clearly Better Glass Cleaner. Stuff rocks. I use it with the blue waffle weaves here on aoutogeek.

PA DETAILER
07-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Stoners Invisible Glass!

:dblthumb2:

Bunky
07-01-2011, 05:17 AM
I like Spray Way and Surf City but I use many brands. I have used Stoners. I always use two towels or an applicator and towel when doing windows. The first towel is used to clean and the second is used to dry. I have found ww to be nice for drying.

PA DETAILER
07-01-2011, 05:27 AM
on a side note....anyone try the windshield wonder? the deal with the mf pad on a handle. i think stoners has a version. have one and they do work!

Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool (http://www.autogeek.net/stoner-invisible-glass-reach---clean-tool.html)

sal329
07-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Zep Professional glass cleaner the green color mixed with distilled water

cutter
07-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Stoners or Diamondite with a MF towel. Both are good products.:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Many cleaners available today clean very well. The method in which we wipe the glass after spraying it can and does vary considerably. Paper towels, cotton towels, terrycloth towels, newspaper were just some of the tools available until the advent of Microfiber.

The towel plays a major roll in the final outcome. The new Microfiber glass towels work about 1000 times better than paper or cotton towels.

I use both Stoners and Meguiar's but I prefer the Meguiar's. For me it cleans better and is much more economical. I always dilute this concentrate with distilled water.

Tap or household water contains all sorts of minerals. These minerals are naturally occurring deep within the earth and are dissolved in the water. Even though your tap water looks clean, as it evaporates it can leaves streaks as these minerals once again reappear.

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate

"Meguiar’s Glass Cleaner Concentrate is part of their Detailer line, a group of concentrated products intended for professional use. One gallon makes an amazing 11 gallons of ready-to-use cleaner when diluted with water as directed. It wipes away revealing crystal clear, streak-free glass. Since it’s formulated for professional use, you can bet this cleaner really works."

jfelbab
07-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate from their Detailer lineup is the best glass cleaner I've ever used. FWIW, I like it better than Stoners IG which is also a great cleaner.

I use it with a short nap glass microfiber. No streaking for me.

PAR Detailing
07-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Another vote for Megs glass cleaner concentrate. It is the best I have used and I also use it to prep my paint after polishing. It works great for that.

BorisC
07-01-2011, 06:28 AM
on a side note....anyone try the windshield wonder? the deal with the mf pad on a handle. i think stoners has a version. have one and they do work!

Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool (http://www.autogeek.net/stoner-invisible-glass-reach---clean-tool.html)

I bought a knock-off @ the $1 store to try. Felt like I wasn't getting enough pressure to the pad. Worked ok. I'll stick with mf's & usually Stoners.