PDA

View Full Version : So do I replace the radio, fix it or tell him its not my fault.

ShineTimeDetail
06-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Read this to see what happened.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/37714-liquid-behind-radio-screen.html

So I don't know what to do. Lexus wants 700 and I didn't look much but the cheapest I found was like 400

Is there a way to pull this screen off and clean the back of the screen off? It's a 05 Lexus rx330.

Thanks for any advice.

XLNTShine
06-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Ask them if they can do with out the radio for a few days and take it to a local repair shop. They sould be able to do something with it!

ShineTimeDetail
06-30-2011, 08:40 PM
That's what I was thinking.

XLNTShine
06-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Do you have a picture of the unit?

ShineTimeDetail
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
No I forgot to take pics

XLNTShine
06-30-2011, 08:56 PM
check out "carstereohelp" google that for some ideas. I think if you call arround you should be able to find someone to work on it. From the quick searching I have done I believe this unit was manufactured by Pioneer.

ShineTimeDetail
06-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks man just been so busy I haven't had time to look.

Flash Gordon
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Personally go to the Lexus dealer and talk with a service advisor. Explain your situation and they might run it through warranty

I would go tommorow, as it will be Friday, plus a 3 day weekend. You might catch them in a good mode

I hate to hear this happen to you

Good luck,

Flash

PS Keep that thing away from electronics from this point forward

embolism
06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
tried to do a search on another forum I frequent but this is all I could find:

How to clead inside screen RX350 radio LCD - Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-second-generation/500362-how-to-clead-inside-screen-rx350-radio-lcd.html)

sounds like maybe the units are prone to liquid penetration

john b
06-30-2011, 09:56 PM
i would find someone that does mobile work on car stereos and electronics.i am sure they can pull it out and take the faceplate out and clean it or change it.got be cheaper than a lexus dealership -run that by the custemer-you will see moisture in cluster panels time to time

ShineTimeDetail
07-12-2011, 09:26 AM
So here is the convo we had yesterday.

Customer-
'Tom rather than fix Lexus, would it be fair to detail both or one of our SUVs at no charge? I say both because the new SUV is very clean already, but you let me know what u think.'

Me-
What kind are they?

Him-
MDX and New one is QD56

Me-
I guess so but it won't be until next week.

Him-
Next week won't work. I guess it can wait until week after or u can reimburse me for part of the $700 I had to take off from the bottom price to sell lexus. Up to u.

I have not replied to the last text message he sent me. He sent it a 10:50 am yesterday.

After that last reply, sounds like he is trying to get something over on me. I feel like doing one of the cars and when I'm doing saying a few kind words to him.

Audi X2
07-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Tom sounds like he was planning to sell the Lexus and your detail was part of the process.
Good thing you never paid him any cash :eek: as this guy appears to be trying to take advantage of this situation in any way he can.
If anything I would offer to work on one of the cars and call it even.

CrownKote
07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
So here is the convo we had yesterday.

Customer-
'Tom rather than fix Lexus, would it be fair to detail both or one of our SUVs at no charge? I say both because the new SUV is very clean already, but you let me know what u think.'

Me-
What kind are they?

Him-
MDX and New one is QD56

Me-
I guess so but it won't be until next week.

Him-
Next week won't work. I guess it can wait until week after or u can reimburse me for part of the $700 I had to take off from the bottom price to sell lexus. Up to u.

I have not replied to the last text message he sent me. He sent it a 10:50 am yesterday.

After that last reply, sounds like he is trying to get something over on me. I feel like doing one of the cars and when I'm doing saying a few kind words to him.

I would agree to do one of the SUV's just to keep your name good but from that point on for this customer is BANNED or you are perma-booked... when they call... I have a situation like this with a customer now... they have a 2002 LR Discovery and they are very prone to liquid in the screen as well as other debris... came in with the spots and they said it was my fault so I had them come back and I removed the stereo and pulled the face off and cleaned it all up (thankfully I know how to do that stuff) told them that I had a guy that would come and fix it if they could leave it with me for a few hours... All done now they are happy... The frustrating thing is I noted the damage on the invoice and they still pursued it...