PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Rubber Step-Up Piece

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Whats up guys...Ive got a friend with a chevy express conversion van. It has the 'kit' along the sides...and the kit has 'step ups' on them. Well we repainted the kit, but the step-up rubber pieces are in bad shape, and i dont know where to find new ones.

Hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction. Here is what they look like

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/879/rubber_step.jpg

Here is where they go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/879/Lights1.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/879/medium/running_board_lights1.jpg

The pads go just below the red lines on the steps.

Now since i have this picture up, where the red lines are...there use to be lights...but they were messed up by the previous owners (broken and sprayed over with rattle can paint lol). This is a Sherod conversion van, i contacted Sherrod and they said they are no longer available (the lights, this is a 96' van), and gave me no info as to where i might find some SORT of a replacement, so again...some direction woudl help..

thanks all

poweraid
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
no idea for direct replacement but an idea. menards- home depot- lowes . they have these like runners sold by the foot and u could cut them to fit and glue them in place ? they even have the ridges that run for extra slip prevention. not sure how it would hold up to the outdoor elements. just an idea

SeaJay's
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Have you tried a google search? Eastwood may have something like that as well.

CrownKote
06-30-2011, 07:00 PM
For the steps I would go to an RV shop and ask them for the lights check out JC Whitney...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions...i'll check out any lead you guys give me lol:xyxthumbs:

I have tried a google search..just not sure what exactly to CALL these things..like what the actual name of them are...rubber step piece...non skid pad...what? I'll keep looking but thought since we have a lot of car nuts on here like myself...that someone might be able to point me in the right direction :)

onlycodered
06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions...i'll check out any lead you guys give me lol:xyxthumbs:

I have tried a google search..just not sure what exactly to CALL these things..like what the actual name of them are...rubber step piece...non skid pad...what? I'll keep looking but thought since we have a lot of car nuts on here like myself...that someone might be able to point me in the right direction :)I believe the term you're looking for is "running board mat" although I also found a bunch of stuff on Google searching for "running board rubber". Hope that helps!

IOMCAMARO
06-30-2011, 11:05 PM
I use to have these on my GMC Sonoma's running boards. They came off at some point. Instead of finding a new set of those we used no skid step tape. It's exactly what you see on a set of stairs at a pool. I can take pictures tomorrow and post them if you would like.

rolop6
07-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey I think I have this type of material at home. Is it a flexible rubber piece smooth on one side and has ridges on the other?pm me and I'll send you a pic, I might be able to send you a piece if you get me the dimentions. I believe I have seen it at home depot also, by the carpet n tile section in big rolls, but you can buy in sections.

CrownKote
07-01-2011, 06:53 AM
The rubber pieces are called step tread...

MatthewM
07-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I use oznium.com for most of my auto lights. They have some waterproof LED strips.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey I think I have this type of material at home. Is it a flexible rubber piece smooth on one side and has ridges on the other?pm me and I'll send you a pic, I might be able to send you a piece if you get me the dimentions. I believe I have seen it at home depot also, by the carpet n tile section in big rolls, but you can buy in sections.

yes thats what im looking for. Just checked HD and they had something similar in the vinyl flooring area..but it was too smooth...if you can send a pic of what you have or a direct link of where to buy some id love to take a look.