PDA

View Full Version : Onr vs dp

Pages : [1] 2

IOMCAMARO
06-30-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm going to be buying a rinseless wash soon. Hopefully over the weekend with free shipping. I was wandering out of Optimum No Rinse and DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss, which of these products you guys would go with and why? Corey - This does not include Ultima WW+ :props:

ScottB
06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
you are remiss to not consider Ultima also ... all three are great products and you wont do wrong with any of them. Might need to consider rock/paper/siszors.

IOMCAMARO
06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
you are remiss to not consider Ultima also ... all three are great products and you wont do wrong with any of them. Might need to consider rock/paper/siszors.

I just didn't consider Ultima because I see it as more of a spray on type of product and not a rinseless wash.

Dubbin1
06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
I have used a ton of both products, flip a coin on and choose, you can't go wrong ;)

You can use Ultima WW as a rinseless but the cost wouldn't be worth it.

ScottB
06-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I just didn't consider Ultima because I see it as more of a spray on type of product and not a rinseless wash.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

you make make your own rinseless wash with this version.

IOMCAMARO
06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Bump

JetBlackBMW
06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

you make make your own rinseless wash with this version.

How does this compare to PB Spray & Wipe? What gives a better gloss?

ScottB
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM

Ultima is glossy indeed ... not sure on Spray/Wipe as I gave up on it long ago with too much streaking in direct sunlight.

IOMCAMARO
06-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I was thinking about getting dp because of the 20 percent off sale

snowking724
06-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I have not used ONR but I can say that the DP is a super product. I use it as a rinseless wash and it cleans well and leaves no trace of marring. I also use it as my clay lube and it works quite well and the dillution ratio makes it very cost effective. While I can't vote against ONR I can definitely push for DP.

BobbyG
06-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I've used both of these several times and while Optimum No Rinse is a very nice product I feel that DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss is slicker and leaves the surface very smooth and quite glossy.

I'm not a big fan of the new waterless washes. While they do appear to work to a "certain degree" I would much rather use a rinseless wash any day of the week over a waterless wash.....

Old Tiger
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
I have used a ton of both products, flip a coin on and choose, you can't go wrong ;)

You can use Ultima WW as a rinseless but the cost wouldn't be worth it.
Dang D! I find myself agreeing with almost all of your detailing opinions lately! Should I be worried?

Old Tiger
06-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I havent tried S&W but a 16 oz bottle of UWW+ makes 5.5 gallons and costs $21. PB S&W costs about $32 per gallon. It cant compete with the concentrates on a $$ basis!

Old Tiger
06-30-2011, 07:09 PM
I've used both of these several times and while Optimum No Rinse is a very nice product I feel that DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss is slicker and leaves the surface very smooth and quite glossy.

I'm not a big fan of the new waterless washes. While they do appear to work to a "certain degree" I would much rather use a rinseless wash any day of the week over a waterless wash.....
Have you tried the new version ONR Bobby? It has a berry smell. It is glossier than first version.

silverfox
06-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I have both. I prefer DP rinseless wash. It seems to leave a slicker gloss and when I blow dry my car the DP just dries down better. I'm with Bobby on the waterless wash products. They are great for a detail spray option but I wouldn't wash my car that way