PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Familiar with JaxWax??

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I live in Az...and im not sure if this is just a local product or what..but a lot of car clubs around here rave over jaxwax (LINK REMOVED TO COMPETITORS PRODUCT)..i was wondering if anyone is familiar with it or could provide some info on it. I know some of their stuff contains fillers (if not all of it)...but i really don't know a lot about it...Feed back please

Flannigan
06-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Don't think we are really suppose to talk about products that AG doesn't carry on this forum. However it has been mentioned that on the Autopia Car Care forum you can discuss all products.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Don't think we are really suppose to talk about products that AG doesn't carry on this forum. However it has been mentioned that on the Autopia Car Care forum you can discuss all products.

Ah sorry, i forgot about that, but i was asking more along the lines of information, not because i want to try some. I'm perfectly happy with my meguiars from AG:dblthumb2:...but with many people out here being bonkers over this stuff i was wondering if anyone who actually has some detail knowledge has tried it and how it worked, but ill try autopia

FUNX650
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I live in Az...and im not sure if this is just a local product or what..but a lot of car clubs around here rave over jaxwax ...Feed back please

Amazing how a Columbus, Ohio based company's products are the rave for some car clubs in AZ. !!!

Tell 'em I said thanks for supporting Ohio's economy (it's pretty weak). :D

[I've only tried their Super Blue Dressing...once, though, was enough.]

Bob

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Amazing how a Columbus, Ohio based company's products are the rave for some car clubs in AZ. !!!

Tell 'em I said thanks for supporting Ohio's economy (it's pretty weak). :D

[I've only tried their Super Blue Dressing...once, though, was enough.]

Bob

Ya weird huh? Well from other feedback ive been getting it sounds like the 'anti-detailer'...for those who think what we do as far as polishing and correcting is sort of unimportant and a joke..

ThirdgenTa
06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I was at a local speed shop for an open house and they had like 3 tables of jaxwax products and they were all on sale. I got all excited like a kid in a candy store, but then I thought I never heard of this company, maybe I will hold off. Much better stuff on AG anyway. I'm glad I did because when I got home I googled it and there was very little info on this product and nothing on detailing forums. I'm pretty sure its marketed to car specific forums. IE-Honda.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-01-2011, 04:19 AM
I was at a local speed shop for an open house and they had like 3 tables of jaxwax products and they were all on sale. I got all excited like a kid in a candy store, but then I thought I never heard of this company, maybe I will hold off. Much better stuff on AG anyway. I'm glad I did because when I got home I googled it and there was very little info on this product and nothing on detailing forums. I'm pretty sure its marketed to car specific forums. IE-Honda.

Well the car specific forum i'm noticing it on is a camaro forum..makes me cry a little bit...:(

Dubbin1
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Their products are a complete joke. I sent a blind sample of one of them to Corey to somewhat review, needless to say he didn't have much good to say about it.

Just look at how most of the cars in those car clubs look and that will tell you something about the products they use...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Their products are a complete joke. I sent a blind sample of one of them to Corey to somewhat review, needless to say he didn't have much good to say about it.

Just look at how most of the cars in those car clubs look and that will tell you something about the products they use...

Most local car shows i go to i have been amazed at how swirled up the cars are. Im talking like 95 out of 100 are swirled all to hell on these beautiful classic cars *sigh*

Flannigan
07-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Most local car shows i go to i have been amazed at how swirled up the cars are. Im talking like 95 out of 100 are swirled all to hell on these beautiful classic cars *sigh*
Yep, best part is lots of them get mad is you offer your services. I had a guy tell me he detailers his whole car with windex and paper towels, and I'm a theif for charging so much to detail. Needless to say his car looked like total crap.

Southern Stang
07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
It's really sad seeing all the swirled up cars at shows especially old classics that have really been done up nice. Especially the ones that have spent thousands of hours block sanding for a smoother than glass panel only to see spider webbing everywhere! :( Then when you try to offer your services they look at you like ### are you trying to ask me..

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-01-2011, 07:14 PM
It's really sad seeing all the swirled up cars at shows especially old classics that have really been done up nice. Especially the ones that have spent thousands of hours block sanding for a smoother than glass panel only to see spider webbing everywhere! :( Then when you try to offer your services they look at you like ### are you trying to ask me..

I know right? It's a hard nut to crack that's for sure. I've got a guy with a 2010 Camaro SS...it must be worth well over 100k with all the extra stuff he's put into it...something like 772 HP...black..we've got a show car detail for him coming up...it has very light swirls on it but they are everywhere...so it should turn out awesome.

I want to really take a lot of time taking photos of this car though..and get a VERY good 50/50 shot if possible of the hood, right in the sun..and use it for my flyers im going to have printed up. Handing out cards is one thing...handing out a flyer with a photo actually showing what you can do, even to NICE NEW cars is another. Might not have an effect on everyone, but like the old saying goes...a picture is worth a 1000 words :).
So hopefully it will HELP.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Yep, best part is lots of them get mad is you offer your services. I had a guy tell me he detailers his whole car with windex and paper towels, and I'm a theif for charging so much to detail. Needless to say his car looked like total crap.

So when he told you that, did you bust up laughing...or just shake your head and walk away lol