PDA

View Full Version : Stained clear bra

Twister
06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm working on a car this weekend that has some etching from bird droppings on the clear bra. The paint only has one small spot and it's not too bad. Is there anything I can use on the bra to try to get the etching off? The car is a dark blue 2011 Hyundai. It's Xpel film. I have the same on my truck and it doesn't have a single stain and I've really neglected it at times

I know I could probably have it warrantied but I would rather not if I don't have to

FUNX650
06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm working on a car this weekend that has some etching from bird droppings on the clear bra. The paint only has one small spot and it's not too bad. Is there anything I can use on the bra to try to get the etching off? The car is a dark blue 2011 Hyundai. It's Xpel film. I have the same on my truck and it doesn't have a single stain and I've really neglected it at times

I know I could probably have it warrantied but I would rather not if I don't have to

XPel PPF Cleaner...followed by XPel Sealant (1.800.447.9928); or:

Premier PPF International's PF1 products (510.406.1500)

XPel has a seven year warranty...Just something to think about :)

Bob

Twister
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
My friend is an autherized Xpel installer and he gave me the sealant (I think)when he did my truck. I'll check with him to see if he has any I'd the cleaner.

I was thinking of trying to use Klasse AIO on it first

FUNX650
06-30-2011, 05:34 PM
My friend is an autherized Xpel installer and he gave me the sealant (I think)when he did my truck. I'll check with him to see if he has any I'd the cleaner.

I was thinking of trying to use Klasse AIO on it first

I'd ask your friend if this would be OK to use. If there is any doubt, IMO, a call to XPel will be most reassuring (they also recommend PF1 products from Premier if XPel products are not to one's liking).....Bob

Twister
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definently give them a call to see what they suggest.

I find it strange that the film on this Hyundai looks this bad when my truck looks perfectly fine and mine is much older

Twister
07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I sent An email to their support contact. I thought it might be easier. I looked up their cleaner and it does would like it would be what I need. I also looked up Premier and I liked what I saw. Neither was an outrageous amount.

Have you used either or both? If so which did you prefer?

Twister
07-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I got a reply from Xpel and I've meant to post it but kept forgetting. This might be helpful to someone else

The best solution is going to be to use 3M Perfect -It part# 06064 Machine Polish, with the coordinating buffing pad part# 05738. #Use a an Orbital buffer at the lowest speed and then gradually progress up as needed. #This must be done very carefully so that you don't burn through the film. #I usually hit the area a few times for about 15-30 seconds each time. #If this doesn't work the stain might have seeped through the pores under the top coat and could be perminent.