PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Brothers

Pages : [1] 2 3

In Debt
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Anyone on here every use Zaino? I bought a Zaino detailing last year before I found out about AG. I am new to detailing and I just ordered the PC kit 5.5'' pads. My question is do you think the ZPC Fusion will do the trick to correct swirls and water marks out of my truck? I have Patriot Blue Dodge with minor swirls and water spots. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

yakky
06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
I really like ZPC for hand use, but IMO its a bit too dry for machine use.

Setec Astronomy
06-29-2011, 10:57 AM
The ZPC is a nice mild polish if a bit pricey. It's hard to say from your description but give it a go with an orange pad (hope you ordered some).

FUNX650
06-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Anyone on here every use Zaino? I bought a Zaino detailing last year before I found out about AG. I am new to detailing and I just ordered the PC kit 5.5'' pads. My question is do you think the ZPC Fusion will do the trick to correct swirls and water marks out of my truck? I have Patriot Blue Dodge with minor swirls and water spots. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Hi and :welcome: to AGO.

Bought a Zaino kit didya? Now I have a greater understanding of your forum name.:D......Hang on a minute......I'm sure help is on the way for your requests:)........Bob

Waxmax
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM
I use ZPC or ZAIO as a cleaning/finishing step before applying Z5 or Z2I found ZPC to be very mild.

In Debt
06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Sometimes I get a bit excited and order something before I do research on it. I did get some orange pads. I was hoping to detail my truck this weekend.

In Debt
06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
If the ZPC doesn't have enough bite to get the swirls out what would a good replacement?

Setec Astronomy
06-29-2011, 11:17 AM
If the ZPC doesn't have enough bite to get the swirls out what would a good replacement?

Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and use that on an orange pad. Follow that with your Z-PC on a white pad and apply your Zaino and you should be good to go.

In Debt
06-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Any good pointers for a Newbie like me? My plans it to wash, claybar, rewash, correction with ZPC and a orange LC Pad, put a coat of Z-AIO with a white LC Pad, couple of coats of Z-5, and couple more coats of Z-2 with a gray LC Pad. Should be a long day. I have clean MF's, some really good towels, and detailing spray. How does that sound? Like I said earlier I bought the PC with the 5.5" pads. Anyone who has done correction with the PC, is there any tips I need to know before I get started. Sorry for the long post, I am just looking for some good advice from people who know detailing.:xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Are you using Z-FX? That's too many steps...don't go Z-crazy. Just my guess that you won't get out the defects with the Z-PC, especially if this is your first time polishing. I don't have good luck with Z-AIO by machine, and I never apply Z-2 or Z-5 by machine.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

HeavyMetal
06-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Any good pointers for a Newbie like me? My plans it to wash, claybar, rewash, correction with ZPC and a orange LC Pad, put a coat of Z-AIO with a white LC Pad, couple of coats of Z-5, and couple more coats of Z-2 with a gray LC Pad. Should be a long day. I have clean MF's, some really good towels, and detailing spray. How does that sound? Like I said earlier I bought the PC with the 5.5" pads. Anyone who has done correction with the PC, is there any tips I need to know before I get started. Sorry for the long post, I am just looking for some good advice from people who know detailing.:xyxthumbs:

You can skip the wash after claying. The surface will be very clean by then and the polishing will take care of any residue from the clay. Only other tip I can give is to do a test section first. Make sure the pad and polish combo you've chosen is actually gonna do the job. Like Setec said, if the ZPC won't remove the swirls, just grab some Meg's UC at Wally World. Despite the fact that I am a confirmed Wolfgang fan, I still use Meg's UC when I run into something that WG TSR won't handle.

Mike Phillips
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and use that on an orange pad. Follow that with your Z-PC on a white pad and apply your Zaino and you should be good to go.

UC followed by Z-PC with polishing pad like Mike posted should get you near where you want the finish to be... a finer finishing polish and a soft foam pad is another option you might consider for the future.

Lots of good info in this thread plus some technique videos on making a "Section Pass". The thread went south and the OP has never came back... so I'm going to recreate it to clean it up.

How to approach buffing out your car for the first time (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36242-new-detailing-my-plan-attack-good-one.html)

Posted this yesterday,

DA Polisher Trouble Shooting Guide (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/37769-da-polisher-trouble-shooting-guide.html)

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Make sure you do a test spot to see if you're getting the desired results. That way, you don't polish the whole car, then realize it's not to your liking. :eek:

In Debt
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys, that was the input I was looking for, and I am going to use the ZFX. I will get some of the Meguiar's UC just in case I need it. What would be a better polishing pad for the PC? Thanks again for all your help. I will take some pics.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
What would be a better polishing pad for the PC?
Compared to what? The white LC pad is considered a polishing pad.