PDA

View Full Version : help with dodo juice (lime prime)

glenn l
06-29-2011, 01:32 AM
hi guys and girls, hope some one can give me some help,.
i bought some dodo juice lime prime and rainforrest rub, now my question is,
after claying should i use the lime prime and then wax it, or should i be using another step before or after the lime prime.
my car is a apple green colour holden commodore (pontiac g8) with some light swirls, nothing to bad.
also can i use a qd in the mean time before the car is waxed or is it a waist of time.

Dr Oldz
06-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Are you using the lime prime by machine or by hand?

glenn l
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
by machine, when my pads arive.

Dr Oldz
06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
hi guys and girls, hope some one can give me some help,.
i bought some dodo juice lime prime and rainforrest rub, now my question is,
after claying should i use the lime prime and then wax it, or should i be using another step before or after the lime prime.
my car is a apple green colour holden commodore (pontiac g8) with some light swirls, nothing to bad.
also can i use a qd in the mean time before the car is waxed or is it a waist of time.

Lime prime is basically a finishing polish with good chemical cleaning properties along with some mechanical abrasives in it that will remove fine swirls and scratches. I would suggest doing a test spot with the Lime Prime then checking it to see if you have reached the looks you desire. If there are still swirls and scratches remaining then you will need to adjust your approach either by pad selection or a more aggressive polish or a combination of both. I most cases, I use LP with a white LC pad. And Rainforest rub is an awesome wax IMO!

glenn l
07-01-2011, 08:58 PM
thanks for that dr oldz, ive ordered some corse green, white and green lc pads so when i get them i will give it a go.
thanks for the help.

thedodo
07-10-2011, 02:36 PM
as always remember to finish down with a soft pad to give best results. 8)

glenn l
07-10-2011, 06:25 PM
as im pretty new to this, what do you mean by finish down.

thedodo
07-11-2011, 01:27 AM
use the softest pad you get first, give it a good few passes in an inconspicuous area. then wipe down. if this has given the desired cut and finish (you have soft paint) and need go no further.
if it still has swirls or scratches you want to remove then you change out the pad, the compound or both as stated earlier to obtain more cut. few more passes, then wipe down. repeat until happy with finish.
but then always put the softest pad on last with the mildest abbrasisive or glaze and finish down with a few more passes. this gives a smoother finish and more shine.
then the rest of the car can get the more aggresive setup first followed by the softer finish down 8) simples.

glenn l
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
thanks for that.