PDA

View Full Version : Need tips for washing in the bay at a carwash

flektone
06-28-2011, 07:09 PM
my car is to low to run through the car wash. I also dont have access to a hose being I live in an aparment. But my car wash does have a bay for washing. I need some tips from some of you guys. I used the brush at one of those places on my last car and it scratched the hell out of it. So im going to bring my own wash mit. I was thinking of spraying the car down then soaping the entire car then using the mit to wash it. But wont I just be transfering the dirt all over the car? Or bring my own car soap and fill up a bucket and do it like that. How do you guys do it?

bryant williams
06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Dont use the car wash at all find a friend that has a house and wash at her or his house carwashes recycle there water and the water your washing your car with has dirt and contamenents in the water

bpfoley
06-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Sounds like you are a prime candidate for ONR. Once you start washing with it a regular seems like such a hassle.

bryant williams
06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
what is onr?

mswerb
06-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Try taking your car to a coin operated car wash. Take your own bucket, soap and a wash mitt. Rinse the car down with soap and have at it with the wash mitt. Don't try this if the wash bays are busy, it may cause problems.

Flash Gordon
06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Try taking your car to a coin operated car wash. Take your own bucket, soap and a wash mitt. Rinse the car down with soap and have at it with the wash mitt. Don't try this if the wash bays are busy, it may cause problems.

:iagree:

Also, keep your head on a swivel. Don't get to comfortable

Sealioo
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm in the same situation, and have always used the coin op washes. Does Bryant's post have any merit about contaminants being in the water? Also, can anyone shed light on the process that should be used?

I assume the soap at coin op washes would be pretty bad quality, so is it best to bring your own everything and not use their presoak foam or high pressure soap?

I tried ONR a long time ago and couldn't get over my fear or scratching my paint without hosing the dirt off first. Maybe the best way would be to pressure wash off the dirt at a coin op, then go with ONR?

flektone
06-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I dont care how busy the car wash is. Ill take my time washing it in the bay. keep the tips coming guys, thanks

ROMEO
06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I also live in an apartment, and THIS (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=37776) was my solution to not having access to running water, it does a great job! Many times I just add the ONR in the NOMAD...

MI Mike
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I dont care how busy the car wash is. Ill take my time washing it in the bay. keep the tips coming guys, thanks

Your really need to give ONR another chance.

Also, most of the car washes in my area do not mind if you use their bays. If there are no other cars waiting. Try early morning or dusk. As long as you use their wands they will not harass you. Avoid the brushes and pre-soak, soaps. I talked with one of the operators were someone used a boars hair brush to detail their engine bay. Someone came in behind them and really did a number on the paint.

Flash Gordon
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I dont care how busy the car wash is. Ill take my time washing it in the bay.

With that ^ I have no further advice