PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon HP

sns331
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey guys, need your help to resolve this issue. Going in circles with AG what's your POV? I recently purchased a new foam cannon, the problem is there is no difference in the amount of foam that is being produced no matter which way I turn the
dilution knob.

I use 1600 PSI pressure washer & 2 oz DP extreme foam formula, I get same amount of foam weather knob is turned all the way to - or +. When I use my buddy's foam canon with the same specs (same pressure washer & same amount of (2 oz) DP extreme) works great and can adjust the amount of foam by turning the knob.

AG thinks 1600 PSI is on the lower side of the recommended ratings for PSI. They suggest adding 4oz of the DP Xtreme Foam to help make up for the lack of pressure.

Any thoughts?

Flannigan
06-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Did you try their suggestion yet? It also looks like its rated for over 1000 PSI more than your pressure washer, so i don't find it hard to believe that yours is on the low side for this tool.

john b
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
you should be able to go from clear water to max foam ,when adjusting.are you saying you have no adjustment or not happy with the amount of foam?

oldmodman
06-28-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't have an AG Foam cannon, but the one that I do have the knob on the side makes a tremendous difference in the amount of foam produced. As does the dilution ratio in the supply tank. I find that two ounces of soap is more than enough to make a thick, long lasting foam.

And this is the Foam Cannon I have. It's a Cam Spray foamer.
Cam Spray Foamer Attachment - 527100 | Every Pressure Washer (http://www.everypressurewasher.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=CAM1243&refid=FR80-CAM1243#ProdDetails)
Does it look similar to the one you have? The adjustment knob makes a gigantic difference. If it doesn't on yours, your cannon may be defective and require replacement.

And I generally turn down the pressure on my pressure washer to around 1200psi. But I did test it with the pressure as high as 4000psi when I first got it. Didn't produce anymore foam, just sprayed it out faster. As a pressure washer I am using a Karcher 13hp Honda powered washer.

sns331
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
i haven't tried their suggestion of using 4oz of soap yet. i have the AG foam cannon and has a the adjustment knob on the top. when i turn the knob to adjust the amount of foam i don't see any difference in the amount of foam produced, there is no difference. wanted to check to see if anyone else run into this issue and how to fix it.

I may have received a faulty unit. AG is going to replace it for me.