PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 on my EVO 3D?

Pages : [1] 2

fishnugget
06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Can I use my Opti-Coat 2.0 on the screen of my Evo 3D?

Will this have any negative affect on the touchscreen? If not, I will apply it. :)

ObsessiveAutoDetail
06-27-2011, 09:40 PM
I had thought about putting it on my Inspire 4G, I am afraid it will diminish the capacitive properties of the screen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

maluminas
06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't think it will affect it at all. I put a plastic film on my iPhone 4, it's the same material as a clear bra, and the touch sensitivity hasn't been affected at all.

What i would be more concerned with is the constant exposure to skin oils and other hand-carried dirt. OC was not made for that and it might react in strange ways such as clouding up, and considering the only way to remove it is to compound the surface, it's a scary thought for a touch screen!

fishnugget
06-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Maybe Chris can chime in and help us out. I am tempted to add it to the bare screen but I don't want it affecting the capacitive properties.

mr.fusion
06-28-2011, 12:00 AM
I put opti clear on my phone the other day. I've thought about doing opti coat too, just haven't yet. I don't think it will have any ill effects. Maybe I will be the guinea pig....

fishnugget
06-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Do it, do it, do it... :D

I think I may try it on my Palm Pre that is now retired and see if it has any problems with the touch response.

The only problem is, its not working right now. I am going to try and get it replaced with the insurance I had for it.

kingofsorrow
06-28-2011, 01:35 AM
now we're detailing our phones? :laughing::laughing: we really are geeks.:buffing:

dougaross
06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
now we're detailing our phones? :laughing::laughing: we really are geeks.:buffing:
Is there 1/2" bp and pads for my flex 3401. I do have a concern about forced rotation- how do I stop my phone from spinning/

LegacyGT
06-28-2011, 08:03 AM
I put it on my iPod Touch, and it changes the feel of the screen a bit, slightly more grippy, but no degradation it terms of touch performance etc. I like the feel, less likely to drop it. I put it on in hopes that it would help repel finger prints, so far I have not noticed any striking difference after application.

Chris Thomas
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I have Opti Guarded my BB and my iPhone...just be careful to put it on thin and not let it run over the sides.

ferret1980
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I've got the Evo 3D, I like the 3D effect kind of trippy. Battery life is better than og EVO 4G. I don't like anything on the screen, but it is glass. Keep us posted.

jay trader
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah, just do it. I Z8 my EVO 4G. Gives the screen more gloss and depth, or at least I like to think so. :)

jbgrant
06-28-2011, 05:30 PM

I polish out the entire face of my HTC Touch Pro 2 every few months with Megs 105/205! Sure it would be easier to use and change screen protectors, but......

In fact, I've wet sanded and polished other people's phones too. The screens are plenty thick to do it multiple times!

fishnugget
06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, suddenly I don't feel crazy anymore. I knew there were people that did this. I also thought about sanding and polishing my phone as well. I am going to try it on my palm pre once I get it replaced and see how I like the added grippyness (if that's a word).

fishnugget
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I have Opti Guarded my BB and my iPhone...just be careful to put it on thin and not let it run over the sides.

Chris did you feel a change in the touch response when adding Opti-coat?

Legacy says his felt more grippy. This can actually be a good thing. Also, if it feels too grippy I got a whole bottle of xmt series wax, BFWD sealant, or buy some Reload. :)