PDA

View Full Version : Ouch !!@#%!##

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
01-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Well I guess I won't be walking barefoot in the garage anymore. Stepdown and felt a sharpness like I stepped on a little rock, wiped my foot and didn't feel anything, kept walking and stopped as each time I took a step it hurt more and more. I stepped on a tack, not the little thumb tacks like you normally pin stuff to walls, but the big longer ones http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif. It went all the way through my heal and the cap was pressed against my skin (why I didn't feel anything when I brushed my hand thinking there was a rock). Holy hell did that hurt, I almost couldn't get it out, I had to pull hard (did not feel good lol).

I've broken plenty of bones, compressed my spine, lots of stiches lol, but that was so painful. There must be a lot of nerve endings inside the heel.

I just had to wipe all the blood, sucker wouldn't stop bleeding, I left a trail from the garage to the kitchen. Took about 30 minutes to stop bleeding http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif

ltoman
01-20-2007, 12:59 AM
oh gosh i am sorry!
you might need a tetnus shot, no?

Surfer
01-20-2007, 01:11 AM
oh gosh i am sorry!
you might need a tetnus shot, no?I soaked my foot in alcohol:p , jeez that stung:o . I checked it and it was clean, tack looked like it had never been used, not sure how it got there though.

ltoman
01-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I soaked my foot in alcohol:p , jeez that stung:o

I bet - maybe soaking it in water with some iodine or hydrogen peroxide?
i still think you have to get a tetnus shot, surfer, come on. it could be bad otherwise!!

wytstang
01-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I soaked my foot in alcohol :p
Your foot or stomach :cheers:

ltoman
01-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Your foot or stomach :cheers:
Yah that might help too! LOL...:applause:

Keep your eye on it that it does not get infected. Still, the tetnus shot... at least call the dr monday and ask for an opinion!!
sorry, it is the mommy in me.

dengood1
01-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Well I guess I won't be walking barefoot in the garage anymore. Stepdown and felt a sharpness like I stepped on a little rock, wiped my foot and didn't feel anything, kept walking and stopped as each time I took a step it hurt more and more. I stepped on a tack, not the little thumb tacks like you normally pin stuff to walls, but the big longer ones http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif. It went all the way through my heal and the cap was pressed against my skin (why I didn't feel anything when I brushed my hand thinking there was a rock). Holy hell did that hurt, I almost couldn't get it out, I had to pull hard (did not feel good lol).

I've broken plenty of bones, compressed my spine, lots of stiches lol, but that was so painful. There must be a lot of nerve endings inside the heel.

I just had to wipe all the blood, sucker wouldn't stop bleeding, I left a trail from the garage to the kitchen. Took about 30 minutes to stop bleeding http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif
It could be worse, one of my friends at work got his fingers stuck in a wood chipper/shredder a couple of months ago. They almost had to amputate what was left of his fingers:eek:

Surfer, you're gonna be sore!!

bambo2888
01-20-2007, 07:57 AM
It could be worse, one of my friends at work got his fingers stuck in a wood chipper/shredder a couple of months ago. They almost had to amputate what was left of his fingers:eek:

Surfer, you're gonna be sore!!

OUCH!

And Surf, yea, that's definitely going to be sore for a while.

sparkie
01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Surfer, go and let your Doc look at that. You don't want to get it infected or lose your foot! Really you might need a tetnus shot.

Surfer
01-20-2007, 10:42 AM

Surfer, you're gonna be sore!!Uhhhh that doesn't sound very comfortable:eek:

I'll see how it feels on Monday.

abrcrombe
01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
That sucks bro...

Feel better!

Meghan
01-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Salt water is best thing for it, so hit the beach.

Surfer
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Salt water is best thing for it, so hit the beach.Psshhh, ever stuck a cut in salt water, hurts more then alcohol LOL. Some years back I pulled one of the waverunners up on the beach and when I jumped off I jumped on a piece of metal piping that was in the sand, gashed my foot open, in the salt water, yeh what a great feeling that was :D. Now that one I had to get a tetnus shot.

Yeh it's pretty sore today, ever touch a bruise and it hurts, well imagine walking on what feels like a bruise lol. But luckily doesn't look infected or anything, clean actually. I think it was b/c the tack was clean and I pulled it out fast and hopped to the kitchen for alcohol. Looks like when we were moving some stuff around it fell out of the tack package I had the other day. If it had been brown or something my ass woulda been at the hospital getting a shot, they know me by name there...."you again" :D

PhaRO
01-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Odds of tetanus are very slim (50 cases a year in the US). Good idea to familiarize yourself at least with the symptoms just incase hehe.

In the United States, most cases of tetanus follow a cut or deep puncture injury, such as a wound caused by stepping on a nail. Sometimes the injury is so small that it is never seen by a doctor. Injuries that involve dead skin (such as burns, frostbite, gangrene, or crush injuries) are more likely to cause tetanus. Wounds contaminated with soil, saliva, or feces - especially if not properly cleaned - and skin punctures from nonsterile needles (such as with drug use or self-performed tattooing or body piercing) are also at increased risk.
Signs and Symptoms

Tetanus often begins with muscle spasms in the jaw (called trismus), accompanied by difficulty swallowing and stiffness or pain in the muscles of the neck, shoulders, or back. These spasms can spread to the muscles of the abdomen, upper arms, and thighs.

Torsion Tool
01-20-2007, 05:00 PM
PhaRo is correct regarding its presentration and odds. Still, better safe than sorry, and you won't have to worry about a booster for a few years if you get one now. Salt water treatment is mostly recommended for topical fungus e.g. poison oak and such. Above all, keep wounds as clean as possible.