PDA

View Full Version : GTI interior vinyl cleaner

lucky472
06-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm sure theres a million threads about interior cleaning, but I wanted to ask a question and was hoping for someone who has worked on or owns a vw gti. I'm looking for a good vinyl and rubber cleaner for my 2011 gti. I want a product that will do my dash, door sides, and also my floor mats. I found a picture of a guy that used autoglym vinyl and rubber on his monster mats and it looked awesome. I couldnt find that product on AG so I was wondering what others suggest. My other question is, can the product you suggest also work on my extra stuff like my honeycomb grill, window seals, mudguards, ect.

I know theres a lot of stuff out there about this, but the reason why I started a new thread was because I had a vw jetta and must have used the wrong product on my doors and dash because certain parts (the ashtray cover, and an area area the door handle) ending up peeling a layer off when the car was only a year old. It wasn't horrible, but it did make the new peeled part a little darker then the other areas. Any advice would be appreciated

ROMEO
06-26-2011, 10:13 PM
I worked on a cabrio for a friend of mine, and we used both 303 and PB trim restorer...

TornadoRed
06-26-2011, 10:46 PM
As far as a cleaner goes, you can't do any better than Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. It will clean everything, vinyl, leather, rubber mats, cloth.
I have Ultima Interior Guard Plus on my shelf waiting to go on the vinyl and leather soon. Look for a reviews on Ultima products by Cee Dog.

Right now I have Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant on everything but my steering wheel. It's not too glossy.

On the exterior trim and rubber, I highly recommend Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. It will be just what the doctor ordered on the grill honeycomb.

jimbo585
06-27-2011, 07:28 AM
As far as a cleaner goes, you can't do any better than Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. It will clean everything, vinyl, leather, rubber mats, cloth.
I have Ultima Interior Guard Plus on my shelf waiting to go on the vinyl and leather soon. Look for a reviews on Ultima products by Cee Dog.

Right now I have Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant on everything but my steering wheel. It's not too glossy.

On the exterior trim and rubber, I highly recommend Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. It will be just what the doctor ordered on the grill honeycomb.

:iagree: I love what the Wolfgang did to my dash and door panels because I didn't want too much of a sheen, but something to protect it from the sun. It also seemed to soften up my seats. And Ultima is perfect for exterior trim

Matt
06-27-2011, 08:18 AM

What he said ^ :iagree:

Also, I think you will find 1Z Einsett Cockpit Premium to be very good as well.

Just one note, when using the Ultima Shampoo gel on leather steering wheels, give it a rinse (wipe down with a wet cloth) after use as I find it leaves a slightly sticky residue behind causing faster re-soiling.