PDA

View Full Version : ClearKote Products now in Stock

Pages : [1] 2

Jason
04-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Another one of your favorite product lines has been added to our arsenal.
ClearKote products are in stock ready to ship.

http://clearkote.com/thatsanorder/images/tn_foam_pads.jpghttp://www.autogeek.net/clearkote.html

JeffW
04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Excellent !!!!

joe.p
04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Jason will the CK products be sold as kits also?

klnyc
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Woohoo nice!

ScottB
04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Jason will the CK products be sold as kits also?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=385

flatstick
04-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Wow that is Excellent, that you are now selling these products. they make some real high quality items. this is great news for sure.

wytstang
04-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Very smart move on AG part to carry such a popular line. Man you guys are turning into the one-stop-shop I knew you guys would.

JeffW
04-30-2006, 09:42 AM
It's great news that AG is expanding to carry additional quality products.

In order to figure out whether to go with RMG or VM, I need some advice...

RMG is highly touted for darks (reds, blacks) and has 'color enhancers, etc...'. How is it on lighter colors or inbetweens? VM, on the other hand, seems to be excellent on all colors. My preference would be to buy only one of these, not both. The obvious answer would be VM, but, since 2/3's of my cars are darker is RMG substaintially better on the darker colors that I should go that route?

Also, I assume that either of these can be topped with WG, UPP, EX-P. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your input!

ScottB
04-30-2006, 10:43 AM

RMG is highly touted for darks (reds, blacks) and has 'color enhancers, etc...'. How is it on lighter colors or inbetweens? VM, on the other hand, seems to be excellent on all colors. My preference would be to buy only one of these, not both. The obvious answer would be VM, but, since 2/3's of my cars are darker is RMG substaintially better on the darker colors that I should go that route?

Also, I assume that either of these can be topped with WG, UPP, EX-P. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your input!

Youve got some very good questions, two in fact that I wondered also.

First -- RMG -- I have heard from other detailing sites that it is an amped version of VM , and truly works well with all colors. Kinda like Souveran, delicious on reds and blacks, but never found a color it didnt work on to date.

Second -- How does any glaze (even these are clearly more of a abrasive polish) work well with any sealant ?? Sealants dont like and cannot adhere properly to oils and fillers, and the term glaze seems to reference that. Since the entire Clearkote line is carnuaba driven, this seems to increase the point that these make not work properly with sealants.

I do know that Quikshine was my reference for QD's on sealants, and Crystal Mist is for carnuabas, although Quikshine was equally rewarding. Having used VM many moons ago, it was a great paint prep for carnuaba products. It will be exciting to really run this line thru the paces and try some of the newer items.

joe.p
04-30-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm definatelty trying CK products. I cant wait to see some pics and reviews.The VM, QS has been mention many X over.

I would like to see a SMR. Wax and or sealant package with the CK shampoo and QS included.

Shampoo
SMR
Sealant
Wax
QS

wytstang
04-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Second -- How does any glaze (even these are clearly more of a abrasive polish) work well with any sealant ?? Sealants dont like and cannot adhere properly to oils and fillers, and the term glaze seems to reference that. Since the entire Clearkote line is carnuaba driven, this seems to increase the point that these make not work properly with sealants.

I'm not so sure about that VM and UPP have been able to coinside with each other, at least thats what I've read over on autopia by some of it's members. I tried it and it seemed not to hold up to well, so I redid my car just using AIO/UPP and it did the same thing :( I haven't used UPP since but I'll give it another go around. But some people have been able to use VM under UPP....

JeffW
05-01-2006, 07:52 AM

Thanks for your input!

Bumping for more input...

joe.p
05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Jason/Matt/Mehgan :p , I see you have a CK kit for bikes.Have you decided on a kit for cars ?

Jason
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
The bike kit is the only kit available from Clearkote. We are still working on the kits.

Mike T
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
It takes time finding the right group of products to put together that work efficiently together. I research almost everything I buy to make sure it works well with what I have you and give me an idea of what I need to achieve what I'm looking for. ( Was that a run on sentence?)
It always makes It helpful to shop kits because someone else has already done the research.