PDA

View Full Version : What products do you guys use for your black car?

Pages : [1] 2

rivaladversary
06-26-2011, 12:23 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2915/photolgl.jpg

I clay with Mother's yellow bar, use Optimum Paint Sealant, and then use Optimum Car Wax. I usually wash this car once a week, sometimes 2 with ONR (even though I have a hose).

My car has very light swirl marks and scratches that are noticeable about a foot away. It also has water spots, some really bad ones on the trunk.

I do not have a Porter Cable. I would love to know how I can maybe make this car look darker/wetter. Are there any products that I can hand-apply that can get rid of water spots and maybe some light scratches/swirls?

I have meguiar's ultimate polish and have yet to use it, but I am considering getting P21S Paintwork Cleanser. I also have Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze.

this guy is parked outside so i don't think it's really that bad looking. crap happens and I can't prevent some of the marring on the paint (waterspots).

i am more interested in covering up than to do a paint correction.

thanks guys

loudog2
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
-2 bucket wash method with ONR added to wash bucket
-New-master blaster 8hp
-flex
-menzerna power finish, 106FA and 85RD
-Dodo supernatural and supernatural hybrid, fuzion and sometimes souveran
-XMT final finish and CG sythetic QD

zckid
06-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze. from what i've read, it's designed specifically for black and dark colored vehicles n the reviews are nice too. You can top it with a sealant

i'm ordering a 16 oz of it.

Dr Oldz
06-26-2011, 01:01 PM
P21s paintwork cleanser and Pinnacle Paintwork cleansing lotion work great by hand application. But if you really want remove water marks and swirls, I would suggest a machine!

bigaizsosexy
06-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze. from what i've read, it's designed specifically for black and dark colored vehicles n the reviews are nice too. You can top it with a sealant

i'm ordering a 16 oz of it.

Black Hole (Glaze) works wonders for exactly what your looking for, but unpromising when being applied by hand. Try to get your hands on a DA and apply it that way, you will notice the within the first minutes.

S2K
06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Fuzion2.jpg

Phinox
06-26-2011, 02:12 PM
"Black isn't a color, it's a part time job"
:iagree:
And a full time headache if you have detailing OCD.

LegacyGT
06-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Menzerna SIP / PO85RD
Master Blaster (This is a must, I found most of my swirls were coming from drying).
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Wolfgang Fuzion
DoDo SuperNatural Shampoo
Chenille was mit.
Flex 3401 VRG
ONR only during the winter.

loudog2
06-26-2011, 02:38 PM
-2 bucket wash method with ONR added to wash bucket
-New-master blaster 8hp
-flex
-menzerna power finish, 106FA and 85RD
-Dodo supernatural and supernatural hybrid, fuzion and sometimes souveran
-XMT final finish and CG sythetic QD
I meant I add a ounce of ONR to the existing shampoo and water.

BobbyG
06-26-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Fuzion2.jpg

Dave,

You're a man of may words......:props:

jimbo585
06-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Im in the exact same predicament with my Jetta. I have an assortment of products that I want to try out when I get a chance and will post my results. Right now I have on hand/ on order:

-Wolfgang TSR
-Wolfgang FG
-Poorboys BH
-Wolfgang DGPS
-Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro Hard Wax
-Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro Soft Wax

I will also be working by hand and since I know it is very hard to correct these problems without a machine, I am hoping some applications of Wolfgang TSR/FG topped with the Poorboys to cover it up will virtually elimate the problem areas. Being so minor I didnt think it was too much of a fantasy!

I also read the Dodo wax combination should make the color come out the way you are looking for. While I havent tried them on my own, I will post my results once I get a chance to try them out.

I was able to get all small samples of these to see if I like before trying them out.

fishnugget
06-26-2011, 07:06 PM
-2 Bucket Method
-CGWC at car wash dilution/Duragloss 901 (both work great)
-Carpro Merino Wool Wash Mitt (on its way from AG)
-Foam Cannon
-Task Force 1400 psi pressure washer
-Blower
-Nomad for DI rinses
-WW drying towels
-RO/DI filter to make deionized water
-Opti-Coat 2.0 (a must if you have soft paint)

kikim
06-26-2011, 07:17 PM
-Wolfgang TSR
-Mezerna 106
-CQuartz

embolism
06-26-2011, 07:39 PM
mothers clay
mothers leather cleaner
303 aerospace
GG6
power finish / super finish
fk 425
stoners invisible glass
ONR / DP wash and gloss
DG 901 / Meg GC
DP wheel glaze
blacklight
maxwax
fuzion on its way

rivaladversary
06-26-2011, 08:07 PM
should i consider a paint cleanser like P21S? when i used scratch X 2.0 a while back, i was not able to get rid of all the hazing. will the paint cleanser do the trick? i also have meguiar's ultimate polish. will it be a waste of time if i use both the ultimate polish (by hand) and then the p21s paint cleanser?