PDA

View Full Version : I just had to share this!

Pages : [1] 2

BobbyG
06-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Late yesterday afternoon I got cleaned up and went out for a bite to eat. After several days of rain, clouds, and drizzle, the sun was shinning so I decided to take my Z06 instead of my truck. I left my place heading for a local restaurant and about a mile away I slowed and made a left turn...now here's where the interesting part comes in.

I took off and just shifted into 2nd gear. Out from under the hood comes this little brown field mouse crawling up and across my windshield. He was crossing right to left and I wasn't going too fast. To be honest, I've never had this happen before so how was I to handle this?

I did what anyone else would do; I turned on the wipers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse Gone!! :dblthumb2:

PA DETAILER
06-26-2011, 06:20 AM
:wow: i can remember on my old geo tracker a chipmunk built a nest right next to the coolant bottle! he was getting old insulation material from the porch, then out to the driveway to build. unreal. got to watch critters setting up home in the engine tho! read too many stories of chewed wiring etc....

Mister B
06-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Haha....... That's funny.

Probably time for an engine detail. Who knows what he may have left behind. :)

BobbyG
06-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Haha....... That's funny.

Probably time for an engine detail. Who knows what he may have left behind. :)

HAHA, trust me, when I got to the restaurant I popped open the hood and took a careful look around... I think today's a good day for an engine detail!! :props:

I'm just hoping that he can't find his way back....then again it could have been a she. It was moving too fast to determine gender....

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2011, 06:45 AM
I hate when that happens...

Flash Gordon
06-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Late yesterday afternoon I got cleaned up and went out for a bite to eat. After several days of rain, clouds, and drizzle, the sun was shinning so I decided to take my Z06 instead of my truck. I left my place heading for a local restaurant and about a mile away I slowed and made a left turn...now here's where the interesting part comes in.

I took off and just shifted into 2nd gear. Out from under the hood comes this little brown field mouse crawling up and across my windshield. He was crossing right to left and I wasn't going too fast. To be honest, I've never had this happen before so how was I to handle this?

I did what anyone else would do; I turned on the wipers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If I were you Bobby, I would place a few Bounty sheets in various locations of your car. Mice/Rats are attracted to plastic. They "will" eat your wiring harness

Funny story though...

Jsuro
06-26-2011, 07:41 AM
ROFL!! I had an experience like that once. I was leasing a Toyota Four Runner then. I was doing a lot of air traveling at that time so my Four Runner would sit for a week a time. I got back from a trip and noticed these little black plastic shavings in front of the front tires, did not think too much about it got in the car and after going about 1/4 of a mile I turned on the heater. ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE! A tremendous loud racket -- noise and banging and such.

Turned the heater off and headed straight to the dealer. I explained what had happened and they immediately told my I had a rat in my heater box. Then no one wanted to volunteer to open it up because they had to get to it from the inside of the car laying down in the passenger side floor. Finally one guy did - got in there and the rat was gone but there was a large Reese's cup in there! Made sense because this was just after Halloween :). Not fixed under warranty obviously and I also had to pay for a new wiring harness for the fog lights (the plastic on the ground was the wire insulation):(.

Best,

Jose

Ps. Make sure you set your air handler on recirc before you turn the car off. That's what I was told

BobbyG
06-26-2011, 07:43 AM
If I were you Bobby, I would place a few Bounty sheets in various locations of your car. Mice/Rats are attracted to plastic. They "will" eat your wiring harness

Funny story though...

Philbert, sounds like some great advise, I'll do that today!! :props:

ScottB
06-26-2011, 07:44 AM
I have heard about horsepower, but man even now the mices are getting into the game ?????????????

davidc
06-26-2011, 07:52 AM
And here I thought you had a Chevy RAT motor and it was only the MOUSE.

Dave

BobbyG
06-26-2011, 07:58 AM
And here I thought you had a Chevy RAT motor and it was only the MOUSE.

Dave

Major GROAN Dave!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Marc08EX
06-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Wow that would freak me out Bobby!!! Hopefully the mouse didn't chew up any of your electrical wires.

I would have sped up more and let him slide off since you have the Vette hahaha!!

Mentalm
06-26-2011, 08:44 AM
handle this?

Mouse Gone!! :dblthumb2:[/QUOTE]

hahaha

Rei86
06-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Wonder if it ate any wires.

SeaJay's
06-26-2011, 09:00 AM

HAHAHA Wow...better check under the hood to make sure you don't have a nest. Doesn't take long for mice to take over any compartment in your car. I know from experience. I had a car when I was younger sit for a week while I was on vacation. Came back to a mouse nest in the air box.