PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Story

detail man
06-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I was at the gym the other day and ran into a customer who has been coming to me for many years for all his detailing needs. I said to him I haven't seen you in a while, where have ya been. He said well I went to the dealer and I had them do the detail this time, I said how did they do? his answer "not bad" my answer to him was simple. I said as you know not bad is never good enough for me and besides I give you somthing that not one other auto detailer in the world gives you and he said whats that? my answer was simple ME. This is what you have to emphasize to every single customer. Everday you get everything I have the best products, the best service and every bit of knowledge and energy I have. He was so blown away by my answer that I decided to write a artice for the USA Today on advice for the grads of 2011. The emphasis in the article was all about promoting yourself. There was never one day in 38 years of business that I promoted auto detailing I marked myself as the brand. In our area we are to auto detailing what kleenex is to tissue

Flash Gordon
06-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Intresting indeed

Did he set an appointment?

detail man
06-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes

Flash Gordon
06-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice...

Do you write for USA Today?

detaildude3629
06-25-2011, 09:51 PM
wow..not a bad deal there, I do that myself quite a few times latley, the ecomony is effecting the way customers are doing business..they always say quote: I can go down the street and get it done cheaper>my response is ok you go ahead and do that, but when you compare them to me you will notice the difference in quality, and sure enough they come back wanting my service, many cases being straight forward is the best case for these customers,anyway i always add something extra which makes them smile, then more business heads my way..:props: