PDA

View Full Version : Trying out Griot's MF towels...

WRAPT C5Z06
06-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I've been thoroughly impressed with the Griot's products I've tried(heavy duty wheel cleaner, pre-wax cleaner, speed shine, spray on wax, spray on car wash, and paint prep). I like how they offer specialized towels for each application. I picked up the speed Shine, polishing, and interior MF towels. Anyone who has experience with these and would like to comment, please do. :dblthumb2:

TornadoRed
06-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I have used all of their towels. The speed shine towel is my favorite and the spray wash towels is a little more plush. The polish and wax towels are nothing special. Right now I'm fighting a lint issue with the speed shine towels. The spray wash towels linted from the beginning.

Now here is the big issue.

The corners of the towels are melted. They must use heat of some kind to cut the thread but it also melts the mf fibers in the corners. I've cut the corners off of all my towels and they seem to be fine. Just inspect them close.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I have used all of their towels. The speed shine towel is my favorite and the spray wash towels is a little more plush. The polish and wax towels are nothing special. Right now I'm fighting a lint issue with the speed shine towels. The spray wash towels linted from the beginning.

Now here is the big issue.

The corners of the towels are melted. They must use heat of some kind to cut the thread but it also melts the mf fibers in the corners. I've cut the corners off of all my towels and they seem to be fine. Just inspect them close.
:eek:

Calling to cancel the order on the towels!

Thanks!

TornadoRed
06-25-2011, 01:40 PM
It's too bad the corners are melted because they really are nice towels. I don't know for sure, but the speed shine towel looks a lot like the poorboys mega plush. Those will be my next mf purchase.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I was able to cancel in time! Whheewwww!

FUNX650
06-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry to hear this about Griot's MF towels--the ones I got last year (speed shine) were excellent...no "melted" edges.

Looks like many re-sellers are experiencing problems with their MF towel vendors...Where's the QA people along the supply pipelines when we need them? Save the laser usage for eyes and star wars, I say

mcpp66
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I was able to cancel in time! Whheewwww!

They're not bad towels, but I'd stick with Poorboy's DMTs for your Vette. I use my Griot's for my DD.

Capa1970
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I got the Griot's Speed Shine towels 2 months ago and they do not have melted edges. I have three and ivactually mainly use them to dry off my vehicles. They are super absorbent and it takes one to dry my mid-sized Lexus and it takes two to dry my van. I also have their polish and wax removal ones. My favorite are the Speed Shine ones.

TheCougarGuy
06-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I have the blue, yellow and white Griot's towels. None of them have melted corners. I've been extremely happy with them. I bought some purple Cobra towels on BOGO quite a while back and I've hardly used them because I like the Griot's better.

TornadoRed
06-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Dang. I guess I have bad luck. I bought the 4 different towels from 3 different locations (as recently as last month during Griot's free shipping) and all had melted corners. It wasn't anything scissors couldn't fix.

Scarelane
06-25-2011, 09:22 PM
None of my Griot's MF towels have melted corners. They are my favorites!