PDA

View Full Version : Surbuff vs Megs MF

Mobile detail
06-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Hello everyone I hope your all doing well!
So here is the deal. I have a FLEX 3401 and a PE-14-150. Im interested in getting a MF pad set up (for the DA) and want to know which is the one to get. I have read the Surbuff offers more correction but leaves a haze, and doesn't have a long Pad life expectency. The Megs system finishes better but some say that it doesn't work well (or at all) with the Flex backing plate. I will be using this mostly on Daily Drivers and I primarily use the M105 followed by the M205.I also have the D151.(just to throw another monkey wrench in the mix) Im at a total loss as to which set up to get. I'm currently using CG Hex pads which are suppossidley the same color set up as CCS. I have every color and multiples of each color. (which I do not like...rather hate...):nomore: and I have ordered the LC CCS 5.5 pads (various colors) from AG (best online store ever might I add and amazing deals):dblthumb2:. Can I use the surbuff with the 105 then follow it up the 205 on a white then apply LSP? Should I go for the megs system (MF's and D300/D301Compound/Wax) or just the MF disks and use them with the m105/205. And what size do I need to get for use with the FLEX B/P. I feel like I haven't found the right set up for polishing and keep going no where fast. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice. I have learned so much from everyone and I cant thank you enough!Feed back please

john b
06-25-2011, 04:15 AM
are you useing the flex rotary with the d 151?i would think that would be a money maker-seems like most folfs struggle with the mf pads with the flex da

VR8
06-25-2011, 06:31 AM
I have the Flex as well Mobile detail, and I also use the Surbuf, Meguiar's microfiber, #105/#205, #D300, #151. My opinion is you'll need them all if you're detailing daily drivers of all types. There is no one product that will cover all bases. Contrary to what some have said I have no problem at all using the new Meg's microfiber/D300 combo with my Flex. You'll need the 6" pad. The downside to the microfiber pad and D300 is priming the pad. You use a lot of product to get started so I only use it when I'm planning to correct an entire car. There are many instances when I'm only doing spot corrections or smaller areas and I don't want to prime the microfiber pad for that. In those cases I like to use the Surbuf or a CCS pad and the #105/#205 or #151.

Mobile detail
06-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys for the insight.flex rotory and d151 is a great combo. I'm very happy with it. Vr8 ghats what I wanted to hear. Thank you. Any issue with the meg pads attaching to the flex? looks like il prob get both...

VR8
06-26-2011, 06:47 AM
6" Meguiar's pad is perfect for the Flex backing plate, 1/2" of overhang, velcro attachment works great.