PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean windows

bigaizsosexy
06-24-2011, 07:08 PM
What is the best possible way to clean the front and back windshields?

cutter
06-24-2011, 07:24 PM
If you have a steam cleaner then that's the way to go. Most come with a Triangle Head attachment, just cover with MF towel.

I've also had good results with Diamondite Perfect Vision glass cleaner, a word of caution when using this is to protect the dash from over-spray. Also, I don't use it on the outside windshield because it seems to smear when the wipers are on, I use Stoner's for the outside windshield.

I've also heard others say nothing but water and a MF towel, IPA cut 50/50 and so forth. Many different options and it's a matter of preference as to what you can use.

S2K
06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I like Stoners IG and 2 microfiber towels. To avoid overspray on the dash and paint I fold one towel and spray the IG on the towel, clean the window then buff with another clean dry towel. I have found that IG will streak a little but if you buff with a dry towel it leaves the glass very clean and streak free.

Dubbin1
06-24-2011, 07:39 PM
What is the best possible way to clean the front and back windshields?

Window cleaner and a towel :D

Megs Glass Cleaner and a low nap MF towel works great for me.

Rav777
06-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I always use DI/RO water on my windows and clean with an MF. Its economical and it works well for me. Last thing I want to buy is more products!

Dubbin1
06-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Last thing I want to buy is more products!

Well there's something wrong with you :D

RTexasF
06-24-2011, 08:13 PM
The BEST way? Get someone else to do it.

Rav777
06-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Haha I made a promise to restrain myself from buying tons of products just in case I am strapped on cash for my next college semester! But.. I guess a BOGO will be an exception...:xyxthumbs:

bigaizsosexy
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM

haha Nice!! I don't know when to stop buying products. I use IG all the time and it seems to be streaky so I will try buffing with another microfiber. As far as a steam cleaner....never used one on windows before.

S2K
06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
haha Nice!! I don't know when to stop buying products. I use IG all the time and it seems to be streaky so I will try buffing with another microfiber. As far as a steam cleaner....never used one on windows before.
You will find that works great and only takes a few seconds, You don't have to buff real hard just a good wipe off with a dry towel, get in some glare and you will see the streaks disappear.

ballfan4141
06-24-2011, 10:46 PM
I have a few glass towels. what I do is when I am done washing the car I dry the windows with a glass towel and that really cleans them up nice then go over them with a glass cleaner when you go to clean the windows and use another glass towel.

bigaizsosexy
06-25-2011, 09:34 AM
I was speaking more in a less straining (More Comfortable For the Shoulders) in cleaning the front and rear windshields.