PDA

View Full Version : Groits Spray Wax- application problems

spitshine1
06-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I have had some problems with streaking, and sometimes it gets a bit gummy.
I dont know if I will order again.
Am i applying to much.?

I am thinking of trying Chemical Guys. Any suggetions let me know.
Thank you, everyone.
Have agood weekend!

Showroom Shine
06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I have been using Groits for about a year now. I leave the vehicle wet and us it while drying. What I have noticed is that you can use too much. I spray down a wet car and then Wax as You Dry!

Gunslinger
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
The directions say to spray it on before drying the car which works well. I've also used it after the car was dry and used two microfiber towels...one to spread it and one to buff it. That eliminates any streaking.

TheCougarGuy
06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I have been using Groits for about a year now. I leave the vehicle wet and us it while drying. What I have noticed is that you can use too much. I spray down a wet car and then Wax as You Dry!

I agree. It works greats when sprayed on while drying.

I love this stuff. I just picked up a gallon refill recently.

spitshine1
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, I am a bonehead!
I was drying off the car completley then applying the wax.

TornadoRed
06-25-2011, 12:19 AM
I love the spray-on wax and I prefer to put it on after the car is completely dry. If it is streaking, you are using too much.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-25-2011, 12:32 AM
If the directions say apply on a wet car, you should probably do that. ;) This may not be the most durable product(like most spray waxes), but it sure gave the paint a warm, deep glow, IME.
Griot's products are really impressing me these days!

PA DETAILER
06-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Videos/2010_new-media_spray-on-wax.flv (http://s7d4.scene7.com/s7/video/flash_video.jsp?movie=Videos/2010_new-media_spray-on-wax.flv&company=GriotsGarage&config=GriotsGarage/VideoConfig&locale=en)

i have used it on the gf corolla. a really great product. if you like the idea of a spray on product , give duragloss AQUAWAX a look. another forum favorite. :props:

Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #951 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html)

silverfox
06-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Want to be surprisingly impressed for about $8? Buy some Megs ultimate Quik wax at any walmart. Never streaks and can put on in the sun or even when it's 30 degrees out. Very underrated spray wax.

DejaVu
06-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Try the easiest spray on wax to use EVER: optimum car wax. You spray it on and wipe into the paint no buffing.