PDA

View Full Version : Brinkman Maxfire Swirl Finder REPLACEMENT BULB

bigaizsosexy
06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know what size the bulb that goes in the Brinkman Maxfire? I am looking to change the xenon bulbs for LEDS......these bulbs aren't as bright as I imagined.

bigaizsosexy
06-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Bump, I need an answer lol

Shane731
06-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but the owners manual says you should only use the Brinkmann xenon bulbs designed for that flashlight. Quote, "Use of any other bulb may result in poor performance and may damage your spotlight." Autogeek does carry replacement bulbs (which apparently are on backorder at the moment) - Brinkmann Dual Xenon Spotlight Replacement Bulbs, xenon light bulbs, Brinkmann spotlight bulbs, swirl finder light bulbs (http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-light-bulbs.html). Stupid question, but are you charging your flashlight? If not, that would be a good reason your bulbs are not very bright.

maximus20895
06-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Yea, I can't imagine how this light isn't bright enough!

bigaizsosexy
06-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I charged it and the led turned off. States in the manual that once the led turns off the flashlight is charged.

maximus20895
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh, I don't know what the problem is. Like I said, I can't imagine needing a brighter light. What are you going to use it for?

bigaizsosexy
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Spot defects in the paint

aznwhip
06-27-2011, 06:10 PM
I actually just swapped the bulbs to LEDs. Was bored one day and took everything apart, had some spare LEDs laying around, found the negative and positive terminals, soldered wire to the LEDs, and wrapped them around the body terminals. Worked great. Was just a test unit and I'm going to make some better LEDs (I'm a retailer) that can better take advantage of the housing unit reflectors.

bigaizsosexy
06-27-2011, 06:28 PM
I actually just swapped the bulbs to LEDs. Was bored one day and took everything apart, had some spare LEDs laying around, found the negative and positive terminals, soldered wire to the LEDs, and wrapped them around the body terminals. Worked great. Was just a test unit and I'm going to make some better LEDs (I'm a retailer) that can better take advantage of the housing unit reflectors.

AWESOME! IF you somehow come up with this replacement kit I'd love to purchase one.

bmwgeek
06-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Did you add resistors? How many volts did the stock xenon bulbs require?

aznwhip
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
The LEDs I used were 12v canbus LEDs with built in resistors. Lit right up. They were wedge 194 LEDs which obviously don't fit correctly, but I think H6W variation would work. I also found yesterday at the local Big Lots they have the same dual light type Brinkmann halogen flashlight for $10 and bought one to play around with. Took out the bulb and fit a H6W bulb in with little work and lit up great as well so now I have two LED flashlights to play around with.

bmwgeek
06-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Any pics and the beam looks? :props:

bigaizsosexy
06-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Any pics and the beam looks? :props:

Yes, I would like to see them as I purchased the Brinkman Maxfire and I am not impressed at all with the light throw.

aznwhip
06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
The beam pattern isn't optimal as I mentioned this is just a test and the LED is actually composed of 4 smaller forward facing diodes. I'm going to make an LED with a single large forward diode, and an LED with a single large forward diode and 360 degree side facing diodes to reflect in the housing and see which works best.