PDA

View Full Version : Mixing OPT PoliSeal with Polish II

Flannigan
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
So I remember hearing somewhere (not sure where) that you could mix 70% PoliSeal and 30% Polish II to make an AIO that had a little more cut to it. I Just have two questions.

1. How does this affect the durability of the protection left behind by PoliSeal?
2. Can this be done with the new version of Polish II? I know the old version used DAT and the new one uses SMAT so I didn't know if it would affect this mix.

Thanks!

Perfections
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
To answer your first question, chris told me it didn't, because i had the same train of thought, less ps = less durability but after months of doing this I'd say he was right, I haven't noticed any loss of durability.
On the second question I'm not sure I was using v1 but id have to guess it would work even better :)

POPPAJ
06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
So I remember hearing somewhere (not sure where) that you could mix 70% PoliSeal and 30% Polish II to make an AIO that had a little more cut to it. I Just have two questions.

1. How does this affect the durability of the protection left behind by PoliSeal?
2. Can this be done with the new version of Polish II? I know the old version used DAT and the new one uses SMAT so I didn't know if it would affect this mix.

Thanks!

I've used the mix you speak of with Polish II. Works well for me, could only guess on the durability as I top with FK1000 the next day. Twice a year on the wife's car, looks good always beads well.

Chris Thomas
06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
1. It does not reduce the durability at this ratio
2. Yes, it works fine with both versions of Polish II...the current version will cut more.

A bit of advise though: we always recommend the least invasive method of polishing, so be sure to try the Poliseal alone before using the modified mix. There's no reason to take off clear if you don't need too.

Flannigan
06-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses!

land
06-22-2011, 07:43 PM
I have mixed 75% 205 with 25% 105 as a second step works well.