PDA

View Full Version : New White Truck Detailing

clmoore63
06-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Just thought I give a first shout on this thread as a new guy with a new Dodge Ram that has the bright white color. I have read many threads about the best sealant/wax combo to bring out the white into a mini sun. I got the poorboys polish w/sealant, DG #601 PBA, DG #105, and Collonite 845. Is this a really great combo or is their anybody who knows white trucks/cars that can receive better? Also need advice on what applicator pads / microfiber to use and when. And I plan to go at it hand application for now. So wash, clay, and then what??? Thanks for any advice!

richy
06-22-2011, 05:22 PM
You're on the right track for sure. I would strongly suggest that you get some DG 501. Mix a small squeeze bottle with a 1:4 mix of 601/501 and use your DA and a white pad to clean the paint. I know, you're gonna say: "It's a new truck". Trust me. Period. You'll be glad you did. DG 501 is just bloody magic on white. It's that simple. Then follow it up with the same 1:4 mix of 601/105. As soon as you have gone around the truck, you can remove it and then top it with your Collinite. You have chosen an amazing looking, longest lasting (for a wax or a sealant) combo you can get. It's what I do for the funeral home cars I do and it lasts them a year at least and then get washed daily. The mix allows the sealant to flash cure so you can top it right away as well as the addition of the 601 causes the sealant to last even longer than it does on its own.
Edit: I see you're doing it by hand. Foam applicators for all the stages will do just fine. You get better cleaning ability if you use a DA obviously, but it's not a waste of time either.

dougaross
06-22-2011, 06:27 PM
You're on the right track for sure. I would strongly suggest that you get some DG 501. Mix a small squeeze bottle with a 1:4 mix of 601/501 and use your DA and a white pad to clean the paint. I know, you're gonna say: "It's a new truck". Trust me. Period. You'll be glad you did. DG 501 is just bloody magic on white. It's that simple. Then follow it up with the same 1:4 mix of 601/105. As soon as you have gone around the truck, you can remove it and then top it with your Collinite. You have chosen an amazing looking, longest lasting (for a wax or a sealant) combo you can get. It's what I do for the funeral home cars I do and it lasts them a year at least and then get washed daily. The mix allows the sealant to flash cure so you can top it right away as well as the addition of the 601 causes the sealant to last even longer than it does on its own.
Edit: I see you're doing it by hand. Foam applicators for all the stages will do just fine. You get better cleaning ability if you use a DA obviously, but it's not a waste of time either.
:iagree::iagree: Notice what color my is.

clmoore63
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the input! I just ordered the DG 501 with the lake country ccs foam hand pads from additional input from another thread. I just wasn't sure if i wanted to try the first applications of my stuff with or without it. Also got some DG Autowax and cobra microber towel kit. This combo should last me a good while I hope. Im ready to make this new Dodge look awesome, just got to get home from work next week and getter' done. :xyxthumbs:

clmoore63
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
What would be somebody's advice on what pad to use with the 501/601 combo and 601/105 combo? I will have orange, white, and red hand applicators...

dougaross
06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
What would be somebody's advice on what pad to use with the 501/601 combo and 601/105 combo? I will have orange, white, and red hand applicators...White , red