PDA

View Full Version : Nxt 2.0 ?

flektone
06-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I do a full detail (clay, cleaner/polish, wax) twice a year, spring then fall. I use meguiars UQW to maintain. But nothing is like putting an actuall wax or sealant on the car to get that look. I did my full detail job labor day weekend. In another couple weeks I want to do a quick job and just apply some Nxt to kick it up even more. My question is being Nxt has some cleaners will i be removing the wax, cleaner/polish I just applied?

Dubbin1
06-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes it will remove wax but if you are only waxing twice a year you need something with a lot more durability than NXT 2.0 ;)

flektone
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes it will remove wax but if you are only waxing twice a year you need something with a lot more durability than NXT 2.0 ;)

well this past labor day weekend I used autoglym HD and I plan on using it again in the fall. Thats suppose to be pretty durable. SHould I just not mess with the NXT since it will remove some of that wax and stick to UQW?

I also have BFWD. But i wasnt pleased with the look when I used it last year. So im afriad to use it again

Dubbin1
06-22-2011, 11:32 AM
If you have AG HD and BFWD I would for sure skip the NXT 2.0

Put down a layer of the BFWD with the AG HD over it ;)

kkreit01
06-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Save the NXT for the mower (like I do). I hope you meant "Memorial Day weekend"? Labor day was Sept, 2010.

flektone
06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Save the NXT for the mower (like I do). I hope you meant "Memorial Day weekend"? Labor day was Sept, 2010.

lol, my bad, yeah this past memorial day weekend. And the reason why I asked about Nxt is because I didnt want to turn this into a project. I figure nxt is so easy to use I can apply and wipe it off under 30min.

Dubbin1
06-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I figure nxt is so easy to use I can apply and wipe it off under 30min.

You should be able to do that with just about any wax or sealant.

kkreit01
06-23-2011, 02:38 PM
True that NXT is very easy to use. It could be used as a "maintenance" wax. It's cleaners are very mild. It does still stain trim -- which is a huge negative for me.

Scarelane
06-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Funny! I used it on my riding mower about a month ago! Looks pretty darn nice!!

But seriously, I've used it on my cars and have had pretty good luck with it. Not my favorite, but not bad either....

:props:

next gen detail
06-23-2011, 10:40 PM

I love nxt 2.0 its a great value and the results are pretty impressive for what you get. i did my inlaws 07 volvo xc90 black in 11/10 i clayed polished and put on the nxt 2.0 with a pc7424xp i left the nxt on their car for 24hrs then i removed it. i was blown away after the winter months (main car during winter) it still looked like i just detailed it.

i even tried to wash it once i was completely done with their car a few hrs after i removed the nxt and i couldnt even wash it because the water fell off immediately. but yeah it does stain trim which sucks but if you tape everything off you shouldnt have a problem.

flektone
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I love nxt 2.0 its a great value and the results are pretty impressive for what you get. i did my inlaws 07 volvo xc90 black in 11/10 i clayed polished and put on the nxt 2.0 with a pc7424xp i left the nxt on their car for 24hrs then i removed it. i was blown away after the winter months (main car during winter) it still looked like i just detailed it.

i even tried to wash it once i was completely done with their car a few hrs after i removed the nxt and i couldnt even wash it because the water fell off immediately. but yeah it does stain trim which sucks but if you tape everything off you shouldnt have a problem.

I always loved the look of NXT but if its going to remove some of the products I just put on then I may hold off. But if I decide to try it I will leave it on for awhile before removing. Ive always just applied it and wiped it right off after a couple minutes. Never had any issue with staining trim from what I remember. Any wax that stains trim can be removed with a pink eraser. I aways go over my car with an eraser when im done waxing.